Wednesday 20 May 2009

A date with Glasgow

Had a great day at TK Maxx for the NHJ Style and TK Maxx designer sunglasses style session. It was all rather super from the moment I left the house in lovely sunshine at 6:15am to when I set foot back through the front door at 8:30pm.

I enjoyed the splendour of Terminal 5 and particularly was taken with Carluccios in the check in area. A bicerin at 7:20am was a treat, a glorious blend of espresso, Florentine drinking chocolate and cream, all served in separate jugs to mix in the cup yourself.

My lovely assistant stylist for the day was Claire Wacey and we had good fun from the start to finish. We both agreed there is nothing like a smile and some pleasant chat with all and sundry to make for a positive day.


Claire and I snapped in the afternoon sunshine of Glasgow


The TK Maxx at Southbank in Glasgow featured the most pleasant and helpful staff I've encountered for ages anywhere. In all the people we met in the other stores there and the customers of TK Maxx were fabulous. Truly, the peeps of Glasgow were a delight, so much so I've forgiven the taxi driver who charged us an exorbitant £20 for a 5 mile drive, which took 10 mins, and I hope he sat down with his family and enjoyed a fine wine!


My favourite customer of the day was young Aaron who snaffled a bargain pair of Mickey Disney Club sunglasses down from £49.99 to £7.99.

Young Aaron trying sunnies on for size!

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx