Returning to the fold of the blogosphere is even nicer when you get an award.
Now I have to detail three things I can't stand and three random things plus answer a question from the lovely blogger Looking Fab in your Forties who gave me this award!
Three things I can't stand:
1. People who bite their nails or chew their fingers in a cannibalistic way. I'm subjected to this on a daily basis when travelling on train/tube/bus - please desist. File your nails and sit on your hands.
2. People who chew gum with their mouth open. Again I'm subjected to this on a daily basis when travelling on train/tube/bus - please don't and actually don't chew gum at all as I recently stood in some at Waterloo and I nearly screamed!
3. Flat tyres - my poor bike is suffering a worn valve and its booked in for repairs at cycle shop on Thursday. Not being able to cycle to station is the worst thing to befall me. I don't cycle in central London as even I'm too scared, we need cycle lanes like Amsterdam and Copenhagen.
Three random things:
1. What's on your bedside table? Photo of Mr MDS, earplugs (he snores and breathes too heavily!) a biography of Leni Riefenstahl, my phone, earrings from yesterday, a hairband, a lamp, a clock and petit garcon's baby comb.
2. Last thing I bought? Well after a great talk at Central College St Martin's Innovation Centre on Fashion and Celebrity by Pamela Church Gibson last night, I fell of the high brow wagon and bought Hello and of course Grazia on the way home for a bedtime read.
3. Guilty pleasure? This year it is buying clothes. I've sold items on ebay, saved my pennies to convert to pounds and occasionally allowed an allocation of work money to buy essentials. For example I needed some jeans for my recent stint in Watford. Oh and once a month I have a wicked Wednesday and have some cake - I'm amazed how frugal times give you more pleasure than times of plenty. Why is making do so satisfying? Sure I miss a multitude of products for skin, hair and a facial I'm sure I'd faint in ecstasy if I had one now...
If you could shop online from one retailer, which one would it be?
Toast - I'm sorry it's their home ware. I can't resist the quality and indulgence, please don't let me bore you on this matter.....I'd rather go naked and lie in their towels!
In the spirit of (global)tagging I tag
La Belette Rouge
Skylark & Son