Tuesday 22 December 2009

Dress a blogger for a wedding

A request has come in from Angie Muresan to provide her with an outfit for her sister's wedding in Hawaii next month.

Angie wants to look beautiful not trashy. Now my first view is that it is always important to remember that it is the brides day. Regardless of anything it is not your day it is the bride and bridegroom who matter. So, the best thing to achieve is a look that is fitting for the day, fitting for you and not too showy.

Angie has told me she is taller than her sister and she adds a bit rounder but she has had two children! Her sister is opting for a Grecian white dress. I've decided that for Angie to feel at ease she needs to wear flats and a dress with colour. I've opted for blue as the setting will be quite gorgeous and in my opinion it will be calming for the wearer and won't be attention seeking and will allow for understated and gorgeous accessories.

I've selected items from the forthcoming season and gone for designer, as Angie can potentially buy the dress, and then find cheaper flats or a necklace (choose one expensive item and sub any cheaper version but don't compromise on style). Or she can source similar items as new stock arrives. The dress is clever in that the shape is in the bow, and a shift dress is more forgiving than anything body con. The shorter length will allow longer legs to be shown but will be balanced by pretty flats. The items are respectful of the Grecian theme but are not imitating or trying to compete. Just add perfect manicure and pedicure - be daring go for a dark midnight blue or black nail varnish to avoid a prissy look. Hair up or down depending on the bride.

As for a bag... well hand your lippy to husband and be hands free for easy elegance and a glass of champagne!




Moschino Cheap and Chic bow front crepe shift £335 Net-a-Porter



Oscar de la Renta Gold plated chain necklace £525 Net-a-PorterStella McCartney Metallic braid detail flats Net-a-Porter £195

15 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful dress and a style like this can be worn so many other times too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and a good choice to wear for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress, and I love the accessories you've chosen. Want them all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect choices for the sister, and I think the flats are a great idea. I wore heels to my sister's wedding without thinking and towered over all, flats would have been a better choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous dress, and perfectly accessorized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-fabulous dress and totally gorgeous choice of accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite and elegant! I could never not carry a little clutch, though... I can't function without my "essentials".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous look! Especially loving that necklace!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you so much for your excellent help! I will go and order everything right now. And by the way, blue is my favorite color. I think I'll choose indigo varnish for my manicure and pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the boob bow on that dress! The dress' color is superb, too.

    What a great interpretation of the look required for a unique circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that dress and necklace, but think sandals are a bit casual for a wedding -- maybe a studded flat or kitten heel?


    Great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Londyn - hi, the wedding is in Hawaii, with a Grecian theme and on/by the beach. Shoes, kitten heeled or flats would be too formal and then render the rest of the look quite stiff. Angie has long legs and is taller than her sister the bride so these pretty braided flats have enough detail to lift the block colour of the dress and give Angie a casual free element to the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are very elegant! love the necklace
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx