Tuesday 8 December 2009

Get ready for Spring

Yes I know Christmas hasn't even happened but in fashion terms you should be planning your spring wardrobe ready for March. After all January and February are dud months - post Christmas fatigue, detox specials and poor bank balances all makes for cosy nights in and making do.

You'll be needing to hit the gym or making with the aloe vera as spring fashion is mainly of the body conscious kind. Once again the cut of the cloth veers towards the 80s but reigns itself back from being the brash flash persona of late. Really the garments although opting for 80s lengths owe more to the 30s.

For Spring/Summer 10 (we are in to double figures) think pale pink, lilac, navy and taupe for block colours, with lace and satin , prints and embellishment. The Miu Miu collection encapsulated this perfectly although this is not the only collection to do so, I'm just not in the mood for listing designers!
So my forward planning tips are to pack up your brights and keep your black lace and sequin items to wear with summer dresses and skirts. Think pink but rose, blush and nude.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I like these looks so much better than the neons that had been going on!

    Beautiful!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already liking the soft look of Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there-lovely trends for summer, thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no, let me keep my brights and blacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post lovely photos love the second look.. I love to see the seasons change and clear out my wardrobe
    choosing what I will keep .. what will go .
    Huge fan of these flattering shapes look forward to spring

    ReplyDelete
  6. WendyB - black is truly in for next summer so you can keep wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't wait for spring! I'm just not a winter girl. That colour palette looks gorgeous!


    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another reason to step up my workouts. Sigh. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear turquoise is coming back... my mind is spinning! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. BTW, I really like your blog and have added you on my blog list. Naturally I’d be absolutely delighted if Psynopsis could end up on your list, too. (If you like my blog.) Sabine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this collection so much!

    Don't forget to ENTER the Hoolala Lucky Bag giveaway! GOOD LUCK! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pale palette with sparkling details and a bit Nun+peasant+Victorian style is a total mash up of best eccentricity!!! love love, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely blog!
    hope you can check out and follow my blog: www.thesocietyofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I very much prefer this seasons spikes and sequins to all these insipid pastels. If we do have a lot of florals next year I will be limiting this to accessories me thinks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx