Saturday 24 July 2010

High Street Pick of the Week

Okay yes I did splash the cash with the Prada shoes but that means poor man's substitutes on the clothes front. Whilst I love Dame Viv and her Anglomania collection it doesn't always work on me. Proportions are everything to me so if something is too voluminous in bad way I can't wear it. This is a good point to remember when you covert or buy clothes. Both my youngest sister and I find Marc by Marc Jacobs a winner for our genetic structure. Ditto me ref See by Chloe. Which is Warehouse comes in...a wonderful revamp has hit Warehouse and the design team are turning out great numbers amongst the not so great which works for many a body shape and size.

Last year a wonderful tartan dress hit their stores but it was a bit pricey at £120. This year there is a little cousin and it is far more reasonably priced at £70. It will be a wild card for A/W which will pay dividends.

9 comments:

  1. Agree it is a great dress. I don't like Warehouse much either, although one of my daughters got a couple of gorgeous dresses there last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what you mean about Viv Westwood fit - I'll be listing a few pieces in the Grand Sale on 1 Aug, come have a rummage

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, lovely dress, want want want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Whilst I love Dame Viv and her Anglomania collection it doesn't always work on me. Proportions are everything to me so if something is too voluminous in bad way I can't wear it. " -- same here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great dress. But Prada ANYTHING ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am mad for the *right* tartan!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Well done! And a great price.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx