Tuesday 20 July 2010

Diary of a Graduation day

Friday July 16th was a momentous day. It was the culmination of 18 months of academic slogging. I was awarded a Masters in Fashion and Film with Distinction from the London College of Fashion. the same day Emma Hope was made an Honorary Fellow of LCF and Margaret Howell was awarded an Honorary Doctorate. Both are wonderful fashion icons in their own area. I was thrilled to share the stage with them. Emma Hope actually examined every ones shoes as they went past her, it was brilliant! As was her accepting speech which ended with 'as my Uncle Tom used to say "it's not everyday you get to see a woman become a fellow".'

7:30am dressed and ready to go


7:31 still dressed and ready to go, needing to pace


8:45 in Le Pain opposite Royal Festival Hall consuming cappuccino to steady nerves
I stare a lot in to the bowl, it reveals nothing to me


9:20am being dressed in gown


10:00 am pre sitting in seats pose with fellow MA course friend Allison


11:40 ish accepting the Rector's handshake on the stage after my name is read out and people applause including Emma Hope and Margaret Howell (they clapped for nearly everyone!)

18 comments:

  1. YOWZA, what a dress! That was an excellent buy (commiserations on the subsequent bus incident). Big congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love the dress (or is it a skirt and top?) and I hear you had some amazing Louboutins too for the event...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, I am so proud of you! I must be, I have tears in my eyes, I am such a soft sod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco - it is a Moschino dress. There were lots of fab shoes but trainers, flip flops and a fricking pair of birkinstocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning dress, the colour is so beautiful on you.
    Many congratulations on your spectacular achievement! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am clapping here for you now too. Well done. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, getting your master's degree is a great accomplishment!
    Now where is the link to your film so that I can vote?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing, the dress is stunning, although I might have to demand a better shoe shot!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, congratulations, it's such an achievement. And your dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You looked fab in your graduation outfit, the dress is just simply stunning, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are as beautiful as you are accomplished. Revel in your success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! And you look so Julie Christie. What more can you ask for??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your Masters, very impressive! Bx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx