Monday 7 April 2008

Pure Pleasure



I don't know if it was my tipple in the Met Bar or downloading All Saint's greatest hits on to my ipod but I'm having a parka revival.

Shaznay Lewis is a much neglected female songwriter - I'd forgotton how much aural pleasure Pure Shores and Black Coffee could give. I just remembered the female feel good factor the girls - Natalie, Melanie, Nicole and Shaznay delivered. Most notable their love of glamour mixed with tomboy.

And I have to say when I choose my stiff upper east side princess look of shirt, skirt and courts it is perfectly complimented by a £35 New Look parka. It's the rolled up short sleeve vibe that sings.....

PS How's about this for an answer to a dreadful public divorce - Sir Paul McCartney on Linda

8 comments:

  1. Just makes me want to listen to All Saints right now! So forgot about them. What a great price for a parka

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! My Dublin New Look Parka 07 insipired you too!! Well Done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous! It is a great little number and yes yours was an inspired buy. What a great price for something so lovley and useful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choices - and the price makes it even better. Might need one for this spring isn't happening. A nice alternative to a blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't think i've ever mentioned that i love the spirit of your blog, especially now that its time to (sigh) pay the taxman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like P had a lot of respect and love for L. I venture that H was the polar opposite from L. But we do have to try.

    I like that parka. It's a look I've never tried, but maybe, someday . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. That parka is from New Look?
    I would never have guessed. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh must dig out my all saints cd! Thanks for reminding me of them...can't wait to hear it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx