Sunday 1 November 2009

Poor Anna


It was great fun to read the bloggers comments on this picture of Anna Wintour in the Style section of The Sunday Times this morning and Liberty London Girl kindly put this picture on her blog.

But, Anna can do no wrong in my eyes. I felt I'd already got a peek at her dressed down side in The September Issue and this image doesn't really deserve a critical response (though the bloggers comments were witty). I think it is an easy 'dress down' (hideous terminology I apologise) chic not an uncommon choice for affluent Americans, British and Europeans, Asians etc. It is reminiscent of images of Jackie Onassis on the streets of NYC in the 70/80s although Anna is of course more structured than Jackie was in this phase of her life.



All in all I'm a team Anna person and have always admired her tenacity and work as editor at Vogue and it is the first time I've seen her with a bag other than the Giles Deacon clutch she took out once. I want to know what bag it is.

11 comments:

  1. I love Anna also. And I don't see anything "wrong" with what she is wearing. She is only being picked on because she's a tough business woman. She would be cut more slack if she were a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love that picture of Jackie O, too!

    xx
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont have a problem with either picture ??!!

    Both look very good in jeans for ladies of a certain age. What's not to like? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks fine...those shoes aren't my style but other than that... I think you're right. It's very Jackie O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what pressure to constantly be above reproach in your dress~ I don't think I could take it! I have to go to the store in whatever's on far too often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She manages to look good no matter what, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm surprised that people would find something to complain about with that photo of Ana Wintour. I mean, sure, it's a casual look (and very casual for her), but it's still impeccably fitted and polished and still very "her." What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see anything wrong with seeing Anna dressed down, but she doesn't do it quite as well as Jackie-O in my book. That picture of her is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I havent seen this picture, is quite shocking to see her wearing pants! Where are you doing your MA? at UCA too?? I am quite happy with mine for the moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm just trying to get to grips with the image in my head of Anna wriggling into those jeans in the Bergdorf dressing room and then doing 'dressing room poses' in the mirror.Not quite gelling...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx