Sunday 1 November 2009

Starting afresh

The trouble with the end in sight (dissertation deadline) is that all manner of things go out of the window. Whilst I apply myself to draft versions, rewrites, final edits, the housework is a complete joke, normal conversation is pointless as I can only think about what I'm writing and apart from libraries and edit suites I have no idea about the rest of the world. So, it was with some relief that I was pulled out of my insular existence to give a talk at the University of the Arts, London to students with editors of Idol Magazine and the on line artist blogging community Artists talking on the an website.


The fresh air and the outing blew some cobwebs from my head and apart from a brief pop into the LCF library for a Bond book I relaxed and actually took the day off yesterday to indulge in some Halloween fun.

This week I must start afresh and 'nail' the last four thousands or so words!

6 comments:

  1. i wish you all the best with the four thousand words honey! hope you get it done in time
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the pleasures of word count! I wish you luck finishing, & look forward to when you can relax! Hope you had a nice Halloween.
    xx
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the nailing - I'm also up to my ears in rewrites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect pick-me-up. Hope it's all going well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on truckin'! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx