Tuesday 17 November 2009

I've got fat hips but still ate cake


See by Chloe summer tote

My fat hips have been creeping up on me for a while. Well it is more a bit more fat all over in fact, however after seeing Sister Wolf in her great figure splendour at 56 even whilst rocking a walking aide - I knew my hips were inflating. A quick text to Wee Birdy drew me no comfort because a) she had another appointment and we couldn't have a fat hip conflab at the my-wardrobe S/S press event and b) she replied No - fat hips!

So I hauled my fat hips to the my-wardrobe S/S10 press evening last week in the rain. Upon entering the thin hips world of the my-wardrobe crew I adopted a professional frame of mind and set about appraising the collection pushing my hips to one side.

I found this McQ dress first amongst the racks and rack of clothes. I loved the colour and easy shape of it - the material and print is beautiful.



Yet more colour and style in this gorgeous number from Manoush. It is glorious and instantly made me think of summer days even though Christmas hasn't come.

I also fell in love with a beaded jacket from Kite and Butterfly. Very glamorous but equally would work with t-shirt and jeans.

I snapped the summer sandal flats, more updates on the gladiator styles but mostly in sumptuous suede.

Being in the UK one can expect rain in Spring and Summer and what better than these cute welly booties from Vivienne Westwood


And these little beauties are Zandra Rhodes designs who had been backed by an American company whose names escapes me but I was told they'd been selected for SATC2. I heard this quite a few times and all I could think was what hasn't been selected for SATC2. But the shoes really are interesting summer footwear and in strong interesting colours.


I sort of passed on the swimwear due to my fat hips. It was a note to self moment, sort it out! However, the D&G pretty print had a lovely retro feel to it that was strikingly pretty and instantly made me think of Sorrento and Capri (in my dreams).

There was a very Navajo vibe going on in the midst of the usual glitz of summer stuff. I noted these earrings on a perspex table and then the House of Harlow loafers with similar details.


I was impressed with the House of Harlow shoes, well made and good material. The lattice flats are stunning in the flesh and somehow don't translate in a photo.


These See by Chloe wedges hit the nautical note and also reminded me I needed to nip off home. I was tempted by these little beauties on my way out and despite my fat hips a yellow and purple teeny tiny cakes found there way into my mouth - opps!

22 comments:

  1. Hi there-wow what lovely pieces for next summer, I really like the McQ and Manoush dresses, but the cupcakes look divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff, very exciting to see a little of what's coming up, thanks for sharing. Love the McQ dress and the See by Chloe wedges. On the 'fat hips' sure they're not half as fat as you think they are. But hills are very good for burning posterior fat if you can find some nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling happy belated birthday! hope you had an amazing one!
    Love the bright Manoush! what a mood lifter and those cakes look too good to eat!
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkly jacket! Zandra shoes!! Cakes!!! What a fabulous array of fabulousness.

    And you do NOT have fat hips. So there.

    And a belated happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't make me come over there and beat on you for obsessing about your hips, lady ...

    You're right about one thing, though. The print on that McQ dress is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't believe this thing about your hips and will represent them if they choose to sue you for slander.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's called womens curves. Don't fight it. Let's fight the designers that want to put us in boy cut clothes LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curvy is bodacious; you're lucky to have an hourglass shape. I'd kill for one! Beautiful clothing finds, too!

    xx
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love those first 2 dresses although would never be able to afford them - ha! Glad to see the nautical theme yet again, my £38 sale Castener wedges from Matches won't go to waste! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your hips are lovely, as are your shoe collection and those cupcakes!!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful print on the McQueen, and if you're taking members in the Fat Hip Club, I'm ready to join.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had just a tiny bit more hip padding, I might not need an effing walker. Let us worry instead about my 'saddle bags' rather than your perfect hips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome stuff. Expecially House of Harlow shoes. And the McQ dress.
    x

    http://walkthesand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Westwood wellies are sooo cool!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, look at those wellies! Fat hips or not, there is plenty of time to fix them before summer season kicks in... looking at swimwear is one of my best sources of motivation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!
    so cute finds and sweets!
    That silk dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like the McQ piece too. those cupcakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG.... what a great set of pictures... everything is lovely, the dresses, the sandals....!
    And stop thinking about fat hips... !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alright, you, no more "fat hips" comments! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gah, lost in text translation - 'no fat hips' meant you DON'T have fat hips! So sorry, was in the middle of having minor emergency and wasn't paying enough attention. XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx