Tuesday 8 May 2012

No place for Pucci prints

 In my heart I live in a warm climate and rarely worry about what I put on. A typical day would be to wear some sandals, slides or flip flops. I'd have a wonderful kaftan and jersey dress wardrobe to throw on with ease and a Pucci number would be my pride and joy.



In reality I live in a country that demands wet weather gear for cold and warm weather. As an island the UK doesn't have the perfectly defined seasons of larger countries or land locked areas in the Northern Hemisphere.
Sometimes getting dressed is based purely on needs must and currently needs must is long sleeve top or t-shirt with cardigan then a trench coat or other lightweight coat with or without a scarf depending on the wind. I've been living in my high top Springforms which are the French equivalent of Converse.

How I long for some sunshine and its carefree ways. Until then I'll be dreaming of sun, sea and sand. Keep popping those Vitamin D tablets!

6 comments:

  1. I want to live in your pretend world wearing a pucci kaftan and chanel sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it were real or at least we had some ruddy sunshine

      Delete
  2. *weeps at all the rain* I too long to waft about in kaftans, summer frocks and bare legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would looooove to waft in a kaftan. Get me a rock star boyfriend who's got a condo with a pool!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share him with you!! Sorry kind of creepy huh!

      Delete
  4. I'm a warm weather person too -- what am I doing living in NYC?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx