Friday 4 January 2008

New Year, new objectives

I was rightly asked what I would be doing this year to cut expenditure. My first investment was in Jamie Oliver's latest book 'Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life'. I got it for £12.99 in Sainsbury and it is for sale at £12.49 on Amazon - see not just pluggin' my own little number!

The point of getting the book was to follow up my long held desire to get an allotment. I've always doubted my commitment, time or ability to have one. However, Jamie (bless his chubby cheeks) spurred me on to dump the £14.90 a week delivered organic fruit and veg box and get my hands dirty. A ranger is taking me to choose a plot!

Then the second money saving idea came to me today when reading The Independent - bake my own bread! The paper had an extract from essays by Dr Tom Allinston. Very interesting!

Here is the link:
http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article3307526.ece

I'll let you know how I get on both financially and time wise.

If you really need to cut the cost - stay in, don't shop and make the most of the dullness to avoid all temptation that is January, February and March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx