Monday 14 June 2010

MDS goes shopping and cleans up her act

I know shopping! It was quite shocking, I'd forgotten what it was like. Normally I'm with a client or getting items for a rail or compiling a list for someone. Not only have I been good but I've had no time either. However the petit garcon was in need of shorts and he made pleasant company while I took items from my rail back.

I've taken inspiration from That's Not My Age and embraced granny chic in the form of wedge sandals from M&S. Having recently product tested nearly every single shoe in their new range I realised that stomping around London in a 'comfy' pair of wedges that give height but cushion your feet seem like a good idea.

The M&S Footglove range (serious granny credentials) and Autograph have some very Chloe-esque wedges. At £45 it makes economic sense to grab some granny action and not blow the budget. In addition I discovered M&S's own range coconut body butter that is cheaper than the Bodyshop and also there was a 3 for 2 offer on. Then ....finally I broke the knicker drought.

I've made no effort in respect of time or parting with folding to get some much needed new knickers. I cannot begin to admit the disgrace that has been my knicker drawer for the last few years. Once again good old M&S (it feels nice to have the love back for M&S) have lovely well priced cotton pants galore to choose from and so I did. Proper grown up now. Don't read on if you have no patience for someone who shares too much information...

The M&S booty, l to right granny wedges, coconut body butter and new packs of pants.

Close up of the soon to be street pounding wedges. I will wear with my flared jeans or khaki rolled up skinny chinos.

Okay, don't panic they are clean but are evidence of how falling apart I was in the knicker department. I feel like a new women now I've admitted to my underwear failing. I did actually lecturer a lovely model on Saturday on the need of having a flesh thong, brief and boyfit short with her for shoots; while crossing my fingers behind my back in the knowledge that knickers really weren't my forte.

Out! Worn out and being dumped. I will use them as dusters first before I bin them. Thrift before wastage.

23 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've embraced granny chic! And thanks for the mention. I am the guilty owner of a disgraceful knicker drawer too - my pants are so tatty I wouldn't even use them as dusters - must do something about that, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusters! my pants could only be used for flossing !!
    Actually I am a boy short fan too, you are so right about a flesh coloured thong everyone needs one.
    Looking forward to hearing how comfortable the shoes are, that is always a nightmare.. what to wear on your feet in the city xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of which - could you suggest anywhere I could get some skinny chinos for rolling up, not too expensive? Jess Cartner-Morley mentioned Gap, but they didn't seem to have any. (I'm in Manchester, by the way...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how expensive knickers can be - designer labels charge a fortune for even the plainest pair of undies. I never thought I'd say it, but you really can't beat M&S on the knicker front (unless you go commando of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some granny chic but it drives my sister nuts

    http://brightgreenlaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love buying new pants. I hve some pretty horrid ones in my drawer too...

    Nothing like a good bit of over sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it cathartic to chuck out old knickers? I hate buying new ones, they're soooo expensive.
    Loving those Granny wedges.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say I usually love M&S for underwear, but they've started doing odd stuff with their bras. And A cup now is bigger than a B cup and it's all very confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need some new knickers too!!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had an undie cull when I bought lots of new ones from the Sonia Rykiel for H&M range, very satisfying chucking out the thread bare ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely not an pantie expert either. But I really like ahnky pankies. not sure they have them here, but the things are amazing! Its like you're wearing nothing at all! x LZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it wrong that I don't see what's so granny about those wedges?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha so funny, undies can make you feel like a new woman!
    www.indramaticfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love M & S at the moment and those wedges would look fab with that ubiquitous Stella McCartney denim skirt.
    Just booked tickets for Wednesday's event at the Hard Day's Night Hotel - looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so brave to put you old pants on show! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute cute shoes!

    xx
    AZD
    www.xAZDdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My painful heel spur needs those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE M&S undies. I don't buy any in New Zealand - I get my grandmother to post them to me from the UK. My undies have major air miles. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am waiting for the right pair of wedges . . . they look so proper this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could get my hands on some wedges like that! What a great find!

    I vote you skip the duster phase altogether with those pants and bin 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes look perfect for actual, you know, walking.
    Ah..and there is nothing like nice new knickers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The content of this post was very entertaining. New underwear is bliss. And well done for sticking your neck out and challenging over the comment on Sister Wolf's blog.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  23. My best tip for everyday knickers if you like boy shorts is Peacocks. 95% cotton (check the label, I've been caught out with polyester once!) 5% elastane, plain but a good cut with a lace trim, £5 for 3 pairs. I've bought loads of what my friend calls "after dark" knickers over the years by Damaris and Coco de Mer all from Ebay at a fraction of the price.

    By the way I am following your wardrobe clear out instructions to the letter tomorrow. I have them saved on my laptop. My girlfriend is coming to help. It's totally out of control in there! And I have a walk in wardrobe... You'd be proud of me though I buy 95% of my clothes for next to nothing on Ebay. I rarely enter a clothes shop because I go too mental with all that temptation xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx