Monday 21 June 2010

Nostalgia

I'm having a nostalgic moment due to looking forward to career developments. Petit garcon goes to school in September and I must ramp up my work. I've got a few ideas in the pipeline but of course I love being a stylist. I remember when I started out as a junior fashion assistant and then after many years due to circumstances I had to go and work in PR & Marketing to make some proper money. I loved my time in this sector but I did learn I'm not much of an office person so when I got the chance to jump back to being a stylist I did and 7 years later I'm still going.

I found some old (old!) photos, this is a taster. Here I am testing out an idea with the fashion director and photographer. The model is probably getting ready whilst I play stand in. This must be about 1987!

16 comments:

  1. Great shot you tested well!
    Being a stylist looks like such a an exciting and glamorous job, but I know how much hard work it actually is. Even with all the hard work, it is a great career because in the end, creating a fabulous look for a shoot is, in my opinion, equivalent to creating a great work of art. I can't wait to see more posts with photos of what you've styled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot. Brilliant. Amazing it was just a test. It has a real 60's feel about it. And you look lovely. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo, very 60s! Working as a stylist is an amazing option, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was a sixties shot! Very stylish and eyecatching.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great pic. i likey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a pretty picture... it's totally print material :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great picture and memory! So Jean Seberg-esque! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us your memories.

    Hope you're having a happy week

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how adorable, I thought you were Hayley Mills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx