Monday 15 March 2010

Betwixt and Between

This is a busy week for me, which is good news as some money will hit my bank at some point. I'm still sticking to the no fritter and am on course to turn everything around financially. The No Fritter challenge almost draws to a close only 15 days to go and apart from a rush on Percy Pigs last week I can hold my hand on heart and state (so far) I've done good, bought nothing.

Career is still a sticking point. It is not something that will change in a day or week but I'm having to work at going forward. I had a film bid rejected yesterday, but the work I've done so far is a great building block to continue with the project. Rejection is always a toughie because it dents hope and at some point rejection if continuous, spells the end of a dream. But I favour the Winston Churchill view that with every no you are closer to a yes. Though this has to be tempered with not appearing like your taking part in a delusional X Factor audition!

Now if I could get another piece of work between now and April and magic myself to an Italian size 38 I'd be clicking the shopping cart on the Outnet for this Alberta Ferretti skirt.

16 comments:

  1. Well done with the no frittering! And ha at the Winston Churchill: my mum says that everytime I get a rejection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fallen off the fritter wagon this month- but thank you for the inspiration to get back on! Best wishes on your busy week.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the coffers are getting a cash injection. Don't work too hard this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there-very well done on the no fritter challenge, I really hope you treat yourself at the end of it to a really covetable piece for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a story rejected yesterday -- seems like a daily occurrence in my household, haha. Anyhow, must keep plugging away, right? I know you will. And I'm glad to hear you've gotten some work this week!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WendyB - of course it is cement! To go with my cementish nails xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a sucker for grey and the drapery on this is a winner. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful skirt - I promise not to snap it up so it will still be there when your no-fritter challenge ends soon! Keep at it - I've been there before, the freelance life is an acquired lifestyle and I admire your stance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wise words, although I do usually deal with rejection with Chanel or cake or both. The outnet is a bad place, it invites you in so inocently and then grabs you unawares with its discounts - on the bright side I find if I ever try and actually make a purchase on there it will be sold out by the time I get to check out.
    You have will power of steel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, just get that skirt!!!! And remember that in the film business, "No" often means "I'm terrified of saying YES" or else "It doesn't remind me of another script so I don't really get it."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sister Wolf - shan't and can't! No money and I'm not a bloody Italian size 38. I'm a 40 or more likely 42.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry about the rejection but, you know, it's part of the biz. I have every confidence you're going to be a big time name one of these days, Kate!

    And I don't care if it's "cement", I love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you can't get the skirt - meh! (it's too much, would wear you)

    But I am hoping the next film bid is a big YES!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx