Thursday 18 March 2010

Capes, Memories and Photo MeMe

Wildernesschic tagged me for a photo meme, for which I'm quite grateful since this is a busy week. I've hardly had a chance to touch the ground let alone think. Yesterday one of my clients flew into London for a shop en route to South Africa. I style a lot of TV journalists because I understand the nature of the game and the requirement for the camera. The work clothes tend to be practical but then the creativity is in the personal wardrobe. Our worlds are completely opposite given I'm never going to be stood reporting with bombs exploding in the background and they rarely spend a moment thinking about or buying clothes. Today I'm teaching.

The point of the photo meme is to open a folder and select the 10th photo. I started with A which happened to be anniversary. So this is me on our first wedding anniversary. I'm stood in the folly in the grounds of the hotel in Wiltshire where we were married.


I've added my actually wedding day photo to show that I actually wore a cape. Most people don't believe me. Mine is black velvet and lined with a silk in the colour of Tiffany blue. I had it made especially and would like to state for the record I was into capes before everyone else! (That's for you Mrs Fab xx)


16 comments:

  1. Hi there-really gorgeous photos, you certainly know how to wear a cape, its stunning!!

    There is an award for you at my blog, quite appropriate really!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, another Caped Crusader! Lovely photo's Kate. Your wedding outfit looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one curiously capable lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate you look beautiful, what an unusual outfit to wear to your wedding (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics, love the cape - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics, would love to see one of your wedding dress alone, the cape is fabulous as well though. Plus it looks nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another proof that women look stunning on their wedding day (where did I just read this? Can't remember... One of the side effects of blogging - too much information). Anyway, you look lovely in both pictures. And the cape just shows your true stylista fashion-forwardness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh you look gorgeous... I love that cape over your wedding dress! Thank you so much for the tag - I do love a photo tag! Dear Wildernesschic has tagged me with this too so I will post in both your honours on Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah.. its all clear now! I just thought you'd forgotten to put the tag bit in! Then I shall look forward to tomorrows tag! And I'd also better get my finger out of my butt and do Wildernesschic's one! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi gorgeous!
    Love these pics!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photos... what a gorgeous place ... and love the cape xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. cape on your wedding day. how littleredriding hood gets married. i love it.

    xx fi
    http://saveourshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your wedding cape is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh! tell me who you style? (and is it hard to resist Khaki?)

    And one of these days when I am rich I am going to hire you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW... what a stylish wedding photograph :9
    I have a cape at home, have had it for ALMOST A YEAR !!! and I cannot seem to be capable of styling it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx