Thursday 26 May 2011

A hangover cure

All good intentions for getting back on track re blogging et al today, have rather gone out of the window. I was invited to The London Chat Show last night and despite being torn as it was Apprentice night on the telly, I got myself to Little Venice for a very fun evening.

Therefore, I give you my hangover cure. The best way I find to beat feeling a bit ropey, as opposed to having a raging hangover, is to eat well, little and often. I started my morning prior to the school walk with orange juice and Weetabix. The school walk helped and so upon return a cup of green tea was next on list. By 11am I needed refuelling so choose my favourite combination of french bread, peanut butter topped with fresh raspberries (I squash them on the top) and a hydrating cartoon of coconut water.

Now if only I could go back to bed...

12 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm not sure about raspberries and peanut butter, my choice is either peanut butter and marmite, or peanut butter and banana - I am prepared to try raspberries though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, no bacon butties for you then! I love the sound of raspberries and peanut butter. My go-to hangover cure is sugary tea and scrambled eggs on granary toast...and two litres of orange squash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried peanut butter with raspberries, only with banana. Mind you, I love it on cinnamon and raisin bagels so this could definitely be worth a try.

    I'm hooked on your yoghurt/oats/apple brekkie recipe by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a healthy hangover cure, mine's usually cheese on toast, a gallon of grapefuit juice and Lidl spicy noodles if I'm still suffering.
    Hope you feel better soon (and that you had fun getting into such a state). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Vix. Cheese seems to cure me every time (maybe it's the milk settling the stomach and the oils diluting any booze still in there)- I add marmite to my toast. And noodles are vital if possible (mind you I think noodles cure everything).

    Tea- gallons of it- to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to say I'm blown away by this hangover cure! Who would have thoughts peanut butter and rasbherries worked as medicine! Thanks for the tip x LondonZest

    ReplyDelete
  7. who knew this would work, normally I would hit the nearest golden arches....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could actually eat when I have a hangover! I might have to try your cure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coconut water is the best thing ever. I haven't been able to find it lately. But I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coconut water? Raspberries and Peanut butter? Me likey your diet lady, makes a change from a mug of tea and a fry up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, peanut butter with squished raspberries - a must try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx