Monday 24 May 2010

The rail...

I'm busy getting a rail together to show women how to add the wow/Martini factor into their wardrobe for a series of events coming up. I'm in Sheffield and Leeds this week. You can book free tickets here

I managed to get hold of the Mango white dress from ASOS and a few other bits and pieces. I will photograph the rail before I set off on my travels.

Last week I was flat out teaching and styling on the NHJ Style Academy. It's a personal styling course which attracts people from all over Europe. Part of the course includes practical work experience and on Saturday morning I took one of our students to do a wardrobe before she jetted back to Amsterdam. I had a wonderful volunteer in Wife in the City

I wish I'd taken a photo because she was one of the most beautiful persons I've met in real life both inside and out. The pleasure of my work is I get to meet lots of people constantly and I forget how enriching this can be.

And just in case you think the life of a stylist is glamorous in anyway, I give you Deirdre & Doris (myself and Isobel Kershaw) on Friday night after a few drinks sat on a bench in Clapham Junction wishing we were anywhere else but where we were!

14 comments:

  1. Your job sounds like great fun - apart form the Clapham bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats. Wish I lived in Blighty I'd pop along. Make Do Kate what about Fergie??? Dreadful business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Ur job sounds so great! :)


    P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the Miskay GIVEAWAY!♥

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you sound like you have a great job !
    xx GLISTERS & BLISTERS

    win a pair of the tights in your choice of color !
    click here for more details !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're job sounds like lots of fun, and I love the dress you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun!
    Loving those handbags, ladies!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. shame its up North, it would be great to come, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great! It is for sure a great job :))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, sounds like a fun event I just signed up some of my friends and myself for the Manchester event - will u be at that one too?xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you help the ladies across the pond understand what a rail might be?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Martini factor sounds exciting - and retro. Do you use vintage, or unique/one-off items in your styling? If so, you're welcome to try some pieces from ShopCurious - I could feature it in a post for our customers. Let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope all is going well, what a fun job you have Kate I notice you are wearing your maxi dress .. and you are wearing it well girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whats wrong with Clapham Junction?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx