Saturday 29 January 2011

High Street Pick of the Week - The 2011 Style File

The order of basics is slightly ramshackled, unintentionally of course but it does mean I need keeping in check so do raise views/wants.

I feel like I'm going slightly off piste which maybe something to do with the really freezing weather we are experiencing in London and elsewhere currently. I sort of feel some jumper love is required but am at a bit of lost to identify what. I really wish there was a twin set around, I have visions of typical 70s market fair, but where to find?? You know the knitted v neck tank coupled with a v neck cardigan and incorporating a white stripe or two.

Without the 70s market stall holder or C&A to come to the rescue I turn to Topshop and their ability to provide something similar to my dream. I remain convinced by the style file factor of the twinset but my imagination is not completely translated to what I'm selecting. But this Topshop twinset combo does provide a feel good factor for that 70s or 30s twist - wear with the flared jeans!





12 comments:

  1. I love a twinset 11/10. Good enough for Coco Chanel and Anna Wintour, Good Enough for Me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, good find! You've almost convinced me to wear flared jeans there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kate, I've never owned a twinset but I do rather fancy one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the twinset! I find them in old lady shops, in fact I find a disturbing amount of my wardrobe in old lady shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree it would look fab with flares, I really like it as I have never owned a twinset.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this stylish option to wear with my flared jeans, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you fashion psychic. I was looking for a 70s twinset - flared tweed or cord trousers for a nod-to-the-70s-semi-smart work look. Genius.

    I'll be off to toppers after my tea and toast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rather love this one actually - perhaps it is just the colour that is putting you off slightly, as you tend to wear cooler tones and this is quite warm (unfortunately that makes it more tempting for me!) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never even thought of wearing a twin set because in my head my teachers wore that, and they weren't particularly fashionable, but this one is a whole different story! Haha, here's me, not realizing twin sets CAN be fashionable! :P duely noted that I was wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi my dear-the cardigan looks even better in the shop and I'm so lusting those floral maxi trousers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see you working it, I also know Westwood do twin-sets - not likely as bargainous at Topshop but since your on a designer challenge ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Painful reminder of some bad childhood outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx