Thursday 4 February 2010

No Cash More Boot

Fellow MA student and make up artist Suzanne Neita is a great inspiration when it comes to no spending. Quite simply Suzanne is a 'if you have no money then you can't buy' type of gal. She choose an education after years of toil at M&S and after an access course, degree, now a Masters (it's ok I made her pay her library fine) she on her way to Phd land.

But more than this Suzanne is uber car booter. She finds the great, the glamorous and the groovy. Whilst those young gals are mildly rocking a harem pant or two, Suzanne is wielding a full leather version circa 1949.


I only had my blackberry handy and I know I'm no Scott or Garance but I had the perfect setting in the banqueting hall at Chelsea Art College. My shot doesn't do justice to the leather and the cut. These leather jodhpurs or plus fours vintage numbers herald from Germany originally and were bought for a few pounds at a car boot.

It was a good reminded to me to keep focused on not spending what I haven't got, and ensuring I keep at the payback on my student debts.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, what a find and she wears them so well too- a fab outfit indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants with attitude or attitude with pants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks amazing .. there is nothing I like better than finding something vintage that is hot hot hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing! Would love to rock harem pants (leather or otherwise) but sadly I dont have the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are some leather pants! They remind me of the German officers pants in the film Valkyrie (which I assume were period correct) - very good tailoring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious Industries - yes well Suzanne and I had a debate about that being as the trews are from Germany but post WW2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore jodphurs--and in leather!!!??? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm mad with jealousy. But also admiration - she looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks amazing in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so into jodhpurs right now!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your picture shows that she's a girl with great spirit (and cool trousers). There is no fun in spending money you don't have and good finds like this can last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the inspiration! Must remember that no $= no shopping!
    :)
    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    OWOH necklace giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. That woman is insanely chic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Now that's a woman who doesn't mind turning heads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx