Saturday 20 February 2010

High Street Pick of the Week

What with New York Fashion Week and now London Fashion Week it is hard to remember that there is a high street out there attempting to sell us the now, not the future. However it is to the high street we need to turn to, so where and what does a smart woman buy - well I would say as little as possible given the current economy but then I'm on some no spend mission so ignore me.

A good idea would be to plan your Spring/Summer wardrobe with a clear theme to allow pieces to work hard. Have you usual favourites and necessary basics and then add pure fashion to inject va va voom to perk you up.

This week's selection is a bit of a halfway home but should work well with a skirt, dress, trousers or jeans. A blend of contemporary (digital print) channeling the old (tweed) this cardigan from Oasis will give you a good run until when the sunshines and you start to sweat...(sorry but bring on the summer, I want to feel hot!)

11 comments:

  1. Hi there-yes, cannot wait for the start of some warmer weather too, a cosy chic pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - very Chanel! Would look fab with my new white skinny jeans for summer and my tan hobbs sandals. You are so right we need to look to the High Street, because we can't afford any of the beautiful things we have seen on the Catwalk - Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kate from Make Do Style
    How can I watch you film? Is there a link? I want to host a premiere party at my postage stamp sized home in Australia. I'm, going to have champagne and patty cakes. Let me know x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that its a print rather than a knit how lovely! Hope ur saving challange is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really nice, just perfect for work wear too. Thanks. Hope they still have some left when I go shopping with Daughter next week.

    Helena xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous selection, darling!
    Very chic!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, must have this!! How does their sizing run?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oasis are doing some great things for Spring/Summer - they've really upped their game on the high street compared to Warehouse and Dorothy Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it-so Chanel and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx