Thursday 18 February 2010

Tonight, tonight

If someone was going to ask me what my favourite film was I'd be hard pressed to stop at 20 because I love so many films; but Wise and Robbins's 1961 version of the Broadway musical West Side Story is probably in the top 10. Adapted from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet it won 10 Academy Awards, the only musical to do so and was remarkable for the huge falling outs whilst filming between Wise and Robbins.

Luckily I fell out with no one in the making of my short film and although we were a small team who won't be winning any awards for our effort I would like to thank them for their contribution to making my dream come true. Of course I am apprehensive of showing my film to a large audience and it feels slightly surreal or rather unreal.

On the eve of London Fashion Week and two years on from submitting my application form to the London College of Fashion it does feel like a fad fashion moment to be showing something.


Still from 'Dress Up'

10 comments:

  1. Will you be able to share your film with us all tomorrow? I sent you an email yesterday in response to your comment. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it - sure it will be wonderful! Relax and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo excited!!! I can't way to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it all - its raining cats and dogs outside so I hope you ddin't get the MB shoes as it will get ruined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your film .. Have to say West Side Story is one of my all time favourites filmed the year I was born..yikes!.
    I have just downloaded it onto Apple TV I like to watch it anytime. Favourite song "Somewhere" x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thought of making film is to me amazing. Where does one begin? Did you study up on this project long before it came to life?

    Yes, oh yes, please show. How long is it? We're having a screening (our events company for creatives) april 10th of the documentary Handmade Nation by Faythe Levine. Maybe we could show yours??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ignore the part about how where you got your knowledge of film making and replace it with a congrats for getting your MA in fashion AND FILM.

    As I'm only getting to know your world pieces at a time, I find it frustrating to have gaps about it left blank.

    Anyways, I don't see an RSS feed and would love to be plugged in. Let me know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really enjoyed the film - and so nice to meet you MDS - thank you for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you able to put your film on YouTube or the like for those of us across the pond? Would love to see it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-thanks for the invitation to see your premiere last night, thoroughly enjoyed it and you looked stunning in your DVF dress too-I didn't get a picture of it though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx