Friday 2 April 2010

Earning a Hot Cross Bun

I'm on a trilogy of holy references this weekend because it is the Easter weekend. I'm nothing but mainstream when it comes to observing holidays and feasts - bring it on! And with a lovely long weekend due to the Easter break I'll be setting aside sometime to sort out my wardrobe. Properly making the transition from winter to spring and summer, despite our appalling weather which is determined to stay in winter mode.

I will create four piles for my existing winter things:-

  • worn out items to go to rag bag for recycling (I've already started this pile)
  • alterations, I have two dresses to change into tops
  • put away clean, pressed in cotton storage bag with moth protection
  • select items to stay in wardrobe that will work for summer
Then I will pull out all my spring/summer items and sort in exactly the same way because I'm bound to reassess the items I'd squirrelled away. I will document this for posting.

After all this excursion I will sit down with a nice cup of tea and a hot cross bun.

11 comments:

  1. I must store my winter things .. but reluctant as it has been so cold.. also my vacuum bags that I have purchased are crap they keep unsealing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildernesschic - yes I've never been a fan of those. I have 3 cotton bags that for the life of me I can't remember where I got them from, probably John Lewis and I have a ton of moth solutions in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a Good Hard Cull.

    I used to reward self with a cold glass of sauv blanc and a packet of fags but since I've allegedly given up smoking I'll have to just have a soothing drink.

    I am going to try to do No Fritter for April.

    Fingers and Toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -i love your blog (:
    it's really cool,
    havea good day,
    cx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so looking forward to hot cross buns this morning, but the only butter I could find in the fridge was left over from Christmas, so they tasted a little curious... Enjoy your wardrobe therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds perfect... also on my to-do list for the Easter days. Wishing you a good long weekend with loads of tea breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good idea, I wish I could find the time! I can't wait to see the results x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a happy Spring clearing and that you enjoy your hot cross bun. Happy Easter!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did that last week - then it snows!!
    Happy easter x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will deserve that bun at the end! Pls. eat an extra one for me. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx