Thursday 29 April 2010

Jobbing Stylist does Double Denim

Let me tell you when two stylists have a meeting cake is involved. And a rather nice slice or two from the Konditor & Cook bakery, more specifically the Chequered Raspberry and the Coffee Walnut. Yummy.

Chequered Raspberry


Coffee Walnut

We then had a press viewing to go to so it was an opportunity to have a photo in my double denim outfit. I was challenging the ubiquitous shirt/jean combo and referencing the 70s and the Runaways. And as I sat in my look du jour I was shocked by transatlantic thought travel with a mention of the Runaways by Wendy Brandes. Although I was not attempting to pretend for one minute I was a rock chic, past or present.



Cut up v.old denim jacket
M&S kick flare jeans (S/S09)
Belt from Spain
Raybans (S/S06)
Flower brooch (Handmade by Clems Daughter) pressie from friend
Topshop Cowboy boots (A/W 03)
Bag Ally Capellino for Toast (A/W 09)

Bracelet family heirloom
Bandage Stylist's own!

21 comments:

  1. Love this look .. you look great.. it really suits you.
    I have to confess I love Double denim always have .. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there-Wendy will love this photo of you!! Don't know who looks more lovely-you or the cake, LOL!! Love this look, very stylish and the accessories really perfect the whole look, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, that cake looks utterly delicious.

    You really suit the double denim look and I am coveting that bag so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! yummy cake. and such a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving how you've done double denim... but I keep going back to look at that raspberry cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock the Double Denim! and Oh my, that cake looks good - I love Konditor and Cook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cakes look amazing. Im actually salvating! Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't do double denim but you've got the figure and chutzpah for it so why not? You look very svelte. Well Done. Great cake too. Whenever it says "choose an identity" before I post I laugh-I wish I had a few different ones to roll out in real life to Keep Things Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done! You look timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm adding you to my next denim post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make it look so downtown chic! And I want that walnut coffee cake so much I can taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see the double denim look worked in a different way! I love the retro cowgirl thing you've got going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have to admit, you look great! I might give it a try as you have just reminded me, I have a denim waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great- double denim really suits you! Hope the hand is starting to feel better x

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUCH a rock star. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never a bad time for cake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The denim looks fabulous on you. And oh, those cakes! I'll take one of each, please.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx