Wednesday 14 April 2010

Ye gods, long live the Queen

Queen Marie that is and the Kingdom of Style. Truly I am humbled by a royal gift. The very generous and lovely Queen Marie aware that one of her loyal subjects had been lusting after the perfect pair of cigarette pants bestowed upon me a pair of Helmut Lang cigarette pants that had lain neglected in the royal chest. It was mainly in recognition for my services to economic duties of the no frittering kind.

Given the joy when the dashing knight delivered them to my door (ok it was only the postie and dashing he is not but it is the Royal Mail) I had to try immediately. The pictures are raw, no posing no style. Off came the denim skirt and leggings, I'd just taken the petit garcon swimming and on went the Helmut Lang trousers. At last a pair of pants that fit in the nape of the back and don't gape around the backside. The lesson I draw from this is you pay for what you get. You however are subjected to a view of my flesh as I hastily raise my grey American Apparel sweatshirt up to show the lovely unfinished (how on trend!) white silk that overlays the waistband. I did have to roll them up too.



The next royal mission is for Queen Michelle to get Sister Wolf into a pair of leather shorts. The Kingdom of Style are truly the A Team.

19 comments:

  1. Oh I am completely coveting these pants. I've been checking them out online. Was thinking of purchasing this week. What is the waist band like? Looks elastic kind of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great on you Kate ... I like the Kingdom of Style blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very generous... Congratulations! The trousers look really comfortable and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift and you are the perfect recipient well deserved too for no fritter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great on you - you were destined to own these pants!! Can't wait to see them all styled up in a future outfit post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful on you. I am curious to see what you would pair them with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and perfect gift, how did they get the fit so well? Lovely lovely trousers. Something I too am coveting but I'll be coveting until I've saved enough to buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look amazing on you. They fit like a dream. Enjoy!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fabulos post girl. I was ancipating an old English introductory novel, ;)

    I like you flats and this outfit is looking very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they are FAB! And your blog looks great and I love your new-ish fringe, you look gorgeous. Lots Of love xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely and generous present! So glad you are a happy bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice.... I would sleep in these- meaning I would never take them off. It is so true, when you buy designer, real designer the fitting, the textile... it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate they look fabulous on you...such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great brand. Great fit! Great friends. Love this...

    And what is it with the no-fritter girls and pants this week?

    ReplyDelete
  15. They don't call her the Queen for nothing! Bless Michelle, and the pants look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. Your will wear those all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely gift, with the pants rolled up and the flat pumps I keep thinking of the Mad Men style - I hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Queen Marie is an angel with unerring gifting abilities. How perfect your outfit is with the shirt and coat! Chic and feminine. Your bed is pretty damn inviting too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx