Monday 19 April 2010

Like buses three come along at once...

...yep I fell in Zara and Topshop and purchased a few things! The good point is two of the clothes I bought were spur of the moment. My new wonderful Helmut Lang trousers sent by Queen Marie excited me so much I felt inspired. So when I went out to get some food and necessary sundries I sort of popped into Zara...as you do and spied a great skirt which is very Celine like but falls outside of the leather homage going on everywhere.

It's a gorgeous colour and a great fit and length. Not too short and semi A-line which looks and feels super. I can carry it on for next season too. It was a good price as well at £39.99.

Then I thought oh well a quick look in Topshop - can't hurt. Not Oxford Circus so I had the joy of flicking through the 'get it before it goes/last chance' rail. And of course I found a wonderful top.


Peachy perfect. Great detail, a lovely blush colour with enough of a pink/apricot hue to make it current and look super stylish in a 1930s vintage way.

The back is the modern twist with the obvious gold zip detail. The left sleeve has a slight imperfection on the sleeve. The stitching on the zipper seam is bunch in one bit. Therefore I got 10% off. I won't pay full retail price if there is any imperfection. The top looks wonderful with skirts, trousers and jeans.

Then on Friday I was working and I got a jumpsuit which I'd decided was a necessary item for work from Topshop Oxford Circus. I was lucky as it was no longer an item on the shop floor and but there were a few in the store room. When I first spied it I was on the no fritter challenge so didn't buy. Also I got it as part of my work so technically it was free! I wore it for work on Saturday and it was wonderful. Often I need to be hands on and my jumpsuit was stylish but gave me freedom to move. I love it.


I definitely appreciate my purchases more for not having bought anything since November 2009. I'm more picky and the item has to add something great to my wardrobe. I feel these pieces will be worn and worn until they fall off me. I was too tired to pose and prance over the weekend what with work and gardening! Don't laugh I've got peas, beans, spinach, raspberries, potatoes and strawberries plus chilli's on the go. My toil ruined my Chanel nail varnish though.

22 comments:

  1. I love your new purchases... the skirt is gorgeous. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the top. And the jumpsuit. But mostly the top. Great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. Please do the prancing when you fix the nail polish. And don't tell FF whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is awesome. And that jumpsuit, lovely. ;D

    Solo
    Travel and Living
    Job Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely I think my favourite item is the blouse it is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-great purchases, well thought out and so stylish, all three really are so lovely, well done-can't wait to see you in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All lovely, but I particularly love the top... just what I am looking for right now, so I'm gutted it was on the last chance rail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funnily enough I Love the jumpsuit! we will be twins! Ha But the shirt is great uber chic and very you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I looked at that skirt in black at the weekend. It's such a cute cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you deserve a little splurge and they are all classic pieces - I have really similar jumpsuit.

    I made a surprising discovery this weekend, would you believe Chanel nail varnish can withstand paint stripper!! I ended up coverd in gloss as my dogs broke my baracade and decided to rub themselves against my newly painted door, half a bottle of turps later and the Chanel is still perfect- the dogs not so much I had to trim most of it off LOL!

    p.s do let me know if you are up in Manchester and have time for a coffee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely items. I'm a little hesitant about jumpsuits, can never work out the practicality of popping to the loo in them. But the practicality of wearing them and moving around in them, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel so much better now you have spent some money, I don't know why, I am a weirdo! I love all the pieces, great choices. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous purchases, esp. that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the waistband of that skirt! Buckles are good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous purchys, darling!
    Especially loving that blouse!!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those peach and beige pieces, great buys! Very much like Celine and perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the purchases. And just think how much you'll save on fresh produce with your garden. Money better spent on clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. did it feel real good to shop again? That thrill of the purchase? A lovely new carrier bag for the items? blouse it beautiful and great you got a discount did you have to barter hard for that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your purchases are GORGEOUS! I love that skirt. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that top and well done re the gardening!!! Take photos of the vege patch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your purchases were great picks !
    I am noticing that myself, now that I am on a self imposed shopping ban... i now tend to look more at stuff, even if can't buy anything.
    Congrats on your gardening !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx