Monday 12 April 2010

Willing Stylist

I quite like the challenge of working with budding professionals and yesterday I was hauled over to Bethnal Green to assist a part time photographer and an ex ballet dancer from the English National Ballet build their portfolios. There is a freedom when there is no brief and I can create a look from whatever springs to mind. I persuaded the photographer to send me one image over. I'll share the others when I get them. My main obsession at the moment is head scarves and turbans - I'll probably wear this ensemble to the Sex and the City Movie numero 2 with WendyB's Cleopatra earrings!

But my favourite photos of the day were the spur of the moment ones when we stopped the lovely Liz in her gorgeous two seater with her Breton top, red scarf and those retro ray bans - the perfect poser!



15 comments:

  1. Both pictures are fabulous but the Berton top one and the car are so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit would be perfect for those earrings and as you know I always love a breton xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there-sounds like you had a fabulous time yesterday and I'd love to see you in a turban, maxi dress and Wendys earrings-please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Head scarves and turbans? I have no idea how to wrap either one around my head.

    LOVE the photos! Love the two seater, love the Breton top, love the red scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headscarf looks amazing in that top photo. Any chance of any tips of how to tie it like that? It may save my over-dyed bonce this summer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nissan Figaro's! I have always wanted a mint green one. Also loving turbans especially when worn with hareems. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fashionable post, Kate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Glamour! You win- your day was better than mine! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WaceyStyle - Ah a Figaro! I knew it was a Nissan but forgot the name - aren't they lovely. Have you got any turbans, hat lady?

    FF - hardly glamorous. Just keeping my hand in otherwise all I do is commercial company stuff or private clients!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that's the scarf I won in your competition right?!

    A turban, there's a thought. It's bigger than most of my current scarves so I need to play with what I can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would look hideous in a turban and don't really like them at all. I have a picture of SJP in one which has been sitting on my desktop waiting for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love turbans, looks great!

    Funnily enough, I came straight to your blog from autotrader, where I am looking to buy that exact car - using your famous "make do" saving methods I her been saving for 12 months and finally just about have the cash!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love-love-love the last two shots of her. The outfit goes so great with the car. Really cute!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very chic turban!

    And I love that car!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  15. The car pictures are so Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx