Saturday 19 March 2011

High Street Pick of the Week - The 2011 Style File

No self respecting Island of Mustique 1970s chick can be without her kaftan, think Princess Margaret, the groovy royal. I know, I should be all about the Jagger... Bianca but well lets say we give the royals a go after all it is their year.

Too often high street kaftans draw upon the boho chick look (think Kate & Sienna) but luckily East have captured the essence of the late 60s early 70s with a retro print kaftan retailing handily at near 1970s prices (well in comparison to the designer alternatives) for £29. It is a gorgeous print and will be in store soon. This is the stockist number to find out when 0208 877 6543

Beach boutique retro print kaftan £29

13 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous and a brilliant price, too. Perfect with a turban. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pair this with some oversize Gucci sunnies. Pure summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this! I need big sun glasses to go with it though!

    And some big sun too ;-)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my dear-very bold and vibrant, perfect for summer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it .. as you know I have invested in a couple of Kaftan style tops for this summer bought in the sale.. I adore them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Princess Margaret, who I like to think of as the rebel princess, would definitely wear this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I really want this! And such a rare stylish bargain from East. Will be putting my name down for one at our local branch. Thanks so much for finding it. Actually I have a vintage turquoise petalled turban hat which I had named "the Princess Margaret". I can just imagine her looking sensational in both, with long cigarette holder in hand, amidst her admirers whilst lounging on a Mustique beach...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret rocked it in her time, and I'd definitely give her the edge over Bianca. Liz Hurley did the kaftan well too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kate, of course I absolutely LOVE this! I must check East out, I wonder if they do any red? This one's very Pucci. I want one! Have a great Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a caftan -this is so Pucci-esque x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It reminded me of Pucci straight away and on that basis, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret is one of my style icons - l did a post on her a while back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx