Tuesday 5 August 2008

Random quotes!

I love it when you get asked to comment on random fashion news stories.
It is even more amusing when your off the cuff remarks appear in their full glory in the Daily Express.

Now I'd like to be able to share with you my wise musings on the coming seasons trends, but heck no it was about men wearing tights. The Daily Mail started the whole thing yesterday and it mentioned 50% of German men wore them. Bearing in mind I talked about American Apparel leggings and that I would expect the young male fashionistas to experiment with tights and leggings and also they are useful for sportsmen to wear to keep warm - this is my finest hour!

"Image consultant (why do I get given such a pompous title!) Kate Battrick agrees: "Germans wear a lot of lederhosen so that could explain why they like wearing tights but over here...? I just can't see it catching on. Man bags, yes, Better tailoring, yes. But tights? Even David Beckham hasn't been seen in tights and he's worn everything else from sarongs to pink nail varnish" and a bit later on...."In the 18th Century men wore a particular style of stocking to denote their class" adds Kate, "but lets face it, its not like it was then"

quoted from 'the Male beauty boom' article on page 26 of The Daily Express 5th August 2008

13 comments:

  1. Haha, I read this article in the Mail yesterday-I can't see British men jumping on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit absurd isn't it but I didn't mean to make a Dlisted comment about lederhosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Get you! "Image consultant"! It does sound pompous but it's pretty cool at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men in tights - is that not a film?? :)

    What is the world coming to I just saw 3 men on 'This Morning' putting on Manscara (I kid you not, that is what they called it!), eyeliner (to look rockn'n'roll) and bronzer!! They all looked worse in the 'after' pics, but it was very funny to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep 'Men in tights' is spoof Robin Hood film.

    I love a bit of Fashion foppery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! image consultant sounds really impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! image consultant sounds really impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Tights are not for modern men, I agree. Thanks for laying down the law, lady. I mean, Ms. Image Consultant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess you could argue that some runners wear tights while running, but probably they'd never be seen in them outside that "arena."

    Congrats on being quoted, This is brilliant, Ms. Image Consultant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Kate Im about to leave the UK to head back to QLD Australia and I have a draw full of tights I no longer need - I was going to give them to my English flatmate (of the female variety) but then again maybe I should give them to my boyfriend he's staying here for another winter..... now there's an idea. xf

    ReplyDelete
  11. But I do like a man in a sarong, if it's David Beckham.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Congrats on your new title.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, also I'm sure I saw the spine of your book in a still life homesy shoot in this month's Red magazine...(with Mrs Jamie Oliver on the cover). Ah, here we are, it's on page 61!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx