Tuesday 16 September 2008

London Fashion Week part 3

My final event on the opening day of LFW was the front row of Karen Brost London S/S09.
This is what I saw from the front row (I refrained from wearing my Tom Ford shades)












Then two models brought Karen onto the catwalk to receive her deserved applause.




The collection (not done justice by my blackberry) was pure grown up glamour. Feminine, flirty and fabulous. I relished the cut and detail, the turn ups on the trousers, the buttons on the sleeves and the enticing flash of lilac under the red dresses. I particularly loved on floaty red number 10 & 11 in the photos for its loose languid drape and drop at the back with a good tight cut at the front. Lots of Karen's clients were at the show (with their daughters bearing names such as Savannah) wearing her clothes and it suited the Chelsea, Notting Hill lady. I would recommend the clothes because it is pure women and yet had the right amount of edgy.


Sat next to me on the left was the gorgeous Naomi from Glamour magazine but she felt the show did have anything to offer their readers. If the accompanying press release is correct then the selection of Karen Brost items for 'Gossip Girl' might change that - I'd prefer the grown ups to have Karen as their best kept secret but such a talent is bound to become bigger than the sloaney ladies who lunch.


Stylist :Rebekah Roy


Makeup: Rachel Wood using Benefit


Hair: Toni & Guy using Label.M


Shoes:Red or Dead


Swarovski Crystal Skull Caps (I want!):designed & made by Marc Eastlake@BalconyJump

19 comments:

  1. Hi there-I do love the dress Karen is wearing, I think it is also being modelled in the show. It looks so edgy, timeless and classically stylish all in one go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks so great !! i am lovin it

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks wonderful, glamourous without being OTT. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reportage with a real front row feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, the softness of the Blackberry photos actually works really well. It gives a dreamlike quality - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know something? These shots are much more interesting than anything I've seen on the FWDHQ. They have motion, life, and lean. Literally, the models are leaning. I love these shots.

    The looks are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such fun posts! I'm glad you are getting to go to some shows! I think pro photogs should take pix from that angle- gives a better feel for the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS- saw this, thought of you. although the price perhaps defeats the meaning...

    http://www.pedlars.co.uk/page_1722.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great shots, bringing life to the modeling.
    Very nice indeed!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the edgy real bb shots; you're a pioneer, you are. As is the designer. The clothes really are between cheek and bleak. looks like the sort of pieces that will accesorize a cool woman's character and power; and never ever go out of style. (uh oh; no more hiding behind the cleavage ladies. we can be sexy and clever)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also like the YSL look, but in my community I must be a lone pioneer or I do nothing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to get a view of shows not really featured in the press. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these posts about London Fashion Week!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I'll take a skullcap too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that white dress with the razor back at the end..but I have no where to wear that to!

    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL...me thinks that Ms Naomi might be eating her hasty words some time soon. Gawd!!! I love it when haughty (and I don't mean Naomi...this is more directed to Australian Ed's) dismiss a label and then oops it's worn on GG, S&TC or some other high profile TV show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is something ethereal about the whole look. Not for me to wear but lovely to look at. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I want the gorgeous red dress!








    xCC

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for the great fashion show...London week is so-so fab!!!

    Just to let you know that my NEW blog is up & running now...FINALLY!

    Feel free to drop by & say hi ok
    Got to know how you like it...hee!

    Charmed as always*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx