Tuesday 9 September 2008

Dream Dreamer

I'm on edge today as I've got a shoot for two days that'll take me away from home. I've no worries about abandoning ship more the fact that my dreams will come true.
My first dream about this assignment was the model smoking whilst wearing the clothes. I'm under pressure here as it is for an outlet village and the clothes are loaned, not samples, so really, really need to be returned in the same state - as they are for sale. I'm always very careful with samples, try to pin very neatly without damaging but samples are more robust as they are samples. Outlet items are for sale! Anyway in my dream the model ignored me and the photographer didn't care and everything stank of smoke. I had to stop myself from phoning the PR agency yesterday to tell them to tell the models not to smoke!


My next nightmare is more to do with me. I'm staying with a friend on Wednesday night and am fearful of sitting up all night drinking, talking and generally being silly. I'm going to bed at 9pm with a book and feigning a headache from driving - I can't trust myself so need to make up a story. In my dreams I'm out clubbing at rubbish nightclubs dancing to cheesy music, wearing beer goggles.....


My final dream revolves around Hot Fuzz. The photo shoot is in Wells and if you've seen this hilarious British film you'll understand my problem. Again I can't be trusted I wake up sweating as I let down the clients with my irreverent styled shoot, making the model chase a swan in promotional photo. A, it isn't funny and B, it is a stupid thought... and yet childishly I still laugh about the possibility in the daytime.

Awh well the trials of a mid-level stylist!

16 comments:

  1. Well, dreams can come true - but I think you only have to resist temptation for these ones to stay in your subconscious where they belong!

    At least you haven't dreamed that you are in the photo chasing the swan, with nothing on, on a giant billboard in Trafalgar Square...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate-oh dear, everythings really swimming around for you!! I'm sure the shoot will go to plan, good luck!! Love the new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you've amused me today!! I really laughted reading your post! Good luck, I'm sure all will go brilliantly! (Hot fuzz is v funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird...I'm just leaving this comment and your comment's dropped in!

    I HATE borrowing from stock, HATE IT! It seems no matter how much tape you put on shoes they still get damaged. The last shoot I styled the model was perched on a retainer wall and the shoes STILL got damaged. Thanks be to the little baby Jesus that I'm I can hide behind the Despotic Queens skirt otherwise I'd have to pony up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rich dream life you have! None of the stuff in nightmares ever happens since they are mostly fuelled our anxieties, so I wouldn't worry so much. You're obviously a very capable mid-level stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodluck, sure it will go to plan, just remember to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skye - I'm grateful for the Trafalgar Square one, mine seem managable now!
    SharonRose - if only I had a plan! I do - just kidding...
    Everybodysaysdon't - phew glad you think Hot Fuzz is funny too thought I might be only person on planet
    Imelda Matt - I've got my tape and got my fingers crossed. I might sign of stock with the name Yum Yum
    Dressed & Pressed - love it my title is improving everyday officially now a 'capable mid-level stylist'
    Del.Industries - there's no fudge there that's why I'm in a tizz. I'm good with fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha I hope it all goes to plan. If not at least you'll have a good story to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, now that you got the nightmares over---I am sure it will all go like a dream( a good dream, I mean).:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, that's a lot of anxiety, kitten. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha Hot Fuzz is very funny! I did laugh at all your dreams so amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Hot Fuzz.

    Your dreams won't come true; you'll do brilliantly.

    I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'll do great! If it's any consolation, I had a nightmare that I made a bracelet that looked just like David Yurman's. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure it won't happen!!! (you've got an award waiting for you in my blog... you just need to pick it and award it to another 8 bloggers)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just remember you can steam out the smoke smell!!! Besides often it's not the model smoking but the client!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx