Monday 3 November 2008

Oh go on!

Now you'll know I'm not a big fan of Boden and really Johnny I know you don't give a fig for my views but you need to sort out your sizing and cuts. I also think their catalogue needs an edgier feel but hey ho Johnny is doing alright (currently) and am much as I love a top designer in my alter bank balance world I'm giving you a top tip for the perfect going out coat to see you through many an evening for the next few years. Go on call it investment dressing why not! Seriously this Bright Lights Coat (yeah no gagging over the name) is a winner - it says chic, understated but still keeping up standards despite the c word (that's credit crunch, if only I was Sister Wolf it would mean a whole lot more!) and more importantly won't break the bank.


At £95 its not a steal but it does beat a few others I could name. There's no drama with this coat but it is versatile, you could even wear it as a dress with a statement belt! Three great colours to choose from, black, magenta or marine, I can't believe it's Boden!

17 comments:

  1. Hi there-this looks like a classic investment piece. can you and will you indulge my dear? It sure is lovely in magenta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I have absolutely no need for a coat here in Aus, but I can still buy it and call it an investment purchase right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be great for an evening out with a beau :) The color is luxurious and feminine and one can either decide to have a barely made-up face or go dramatic with smoldering eyes!

    good pick!
    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coat, and your blog is looking great, love the black background. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a great basic and you will kick yourself if you don't get it or maybe you won't. Imagine that it is 6 months from now and the coat is sold out and you didn't get it. How would you feel?
    Let us know what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an absolutely gorgeous coat.

    I wonder about opera coats and going-out coats like these: why are they never warm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello's

    You may have helped (thank you luv) with my ongoing quest to find the right 'soul mate' (too dramatic?) winter coat, I'm so tired of seeing only black or grey coats. Hey I know the Gothic theme is consuming the fashion retail vortex; However I'd like to try and brighten up the dark Grey climate and general depressing atmosphere. Hell surely a good coat should also offer some form of escapism...Ok I'm going on a bit now aren't I? Sorry, hehe...

    Prettyneons X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I won't be buying this coat - I've got books to get first! If I was I'd go for the marine blue - think all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just GORgeous; I love trenches in nontraditional materials like silk, and this color is fabulous!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a HUGE Boden fan myself, but I know they're considered a bit tame. The color of this coat is enough to make it tempting to me ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, great basic and not boring coat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour but... Bright? Lights? Coat? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It takes a lot of confidense to wear a coat like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx