Wednesday 15 October 2008

Fashion is all around

To use the much used quote (one of many) from Coco Chanel 'Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.'


My current obsession is nothing to do with garments, but the views from bridges. In particular, Waterloo and the footbridge alongside the Charing Cross railway bridge across the Thames. I walk over them both a lot and I'm suddenly fixated by the views, the buildings, the skyline, everything you can see from the bridge. I've taken a few photos with my blackberry so they are really quite rubbish but they do convey a sense of something mais non?
Waterloo Bridge looking across to St Pauls and the City
Pedestrian foot bridge looking down along South Bank to Waterloo Bridge and beyond

Pedestrian crossing foot bridge next to Hungerford Railway Bridge into Charing Cross, looking up to the London Eye

14 comments:

  1. I like a little peek into other people's lives - your blackberry photos are like my chance to ride along in your pocket as you walk across all these bridges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scenes, now show me the people as they walk across the bridge. Are they all wearing grey to match the sky? Are they still drinking designer coffee in these recessionary times?
    Are you the only little light of color in the middle of all that murk?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics. Wonderful views. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure, especially the first. Sigh, wish I was there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous. I love the bridges in London. If one takes some time, and really looks, one can see an awful lot.

    I really love the Albert bridge. Especially at night.

    "Soldiers break step . . . . "

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love walking across Waterloo bridge...when I'm in the middle of that bridge, I always think to myself that I could not possibly live in any other city...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to be made to think about views rather than window shopping. How cool is the skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there-I love your pictures, particularly the night ones. To say I adore London is an understatement-where I don't go on holidays every year, trips to different parts of London really compensate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love all those London Bridges.
    I'm remembering when I went to London and walk on some of them and had a boat trip on the Thames...
    Beautiful pictures!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great idea for a post, and it's so true, our tastes are affected by what's around us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pictures! I agree, its all around us, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love walking across from Waterloo to Covent Garden. London is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love pictures of lights reflecting on water..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx