Wednesday 22 October 2008

Tell me a story

I know petit garcon I'll tell you a story, while you are eating your enormous cookie which you won't even let me have a bite of.



Yes Mama what's it about?



Well, actually it's another Tom Ford story

Oh durr I'm bored already mama

No hang on for a moment, I know I'm a one trick pony but this is a really specially special old one from his Gucci days, so it's practically vintage.

One day a Gucci PR girl picked up the phone without a care in the world, she barely managed an audible greeting but it mattered not because the caller was already barking at her down the phone.

'Now you all listen in the PR department stop giving clothes to that Beckham women, I don't want her to be wearing them,' said an angry Mr Ford.

'But Tom darling we don't give her any of your gorgeously designed clothes', purred the PR cat.

'What well how on earth is she getting them!!'


The cat rolled her eyes and smirked as she delivered the blow to the uber designer Mr Tom Ford.


'Actually, she buys them from Gucci stores.'



Ah so they all lived happily ever after then Mama?

Well darling it's fashion he's given her tips now on how to dress, personally I'd have stuck with buying his items to avoid his most masterful of tips, dye your hair lighter as you get older, as divested to Carine Roitfeld.

Who is this lady mama?

Editor of French Vogue and side kick for Monsieur Ford. It just makes me want to dye my hair brown as I get older and eat your biscuit!

22 comments:

  1. Haha!

    Curiously, the way you tell that story, I am imagining the PR cat as Amanda from Ugly Betty. Right down to the eye-rolling and the smirk.

    I never liked that Tom Ford chap. Neeever liked him. Any designer that trades on adverts with models fawning over his oily chest, because he's just so TERRIBLY sexy... ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell my garcons inappropriate stories too. And by "inappropriate" I mean stuff they couldn't care a hoot about. I'm off to make an appointment for a dark rinse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story to tell ;)
    And he looks sooooooooooo cute.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great story!

    LPG is a cute little rascal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there-LOL, a great story-I remember the furore VB caused back then!! The petit garcon is just soo cute, takes me back to my two as toddlers-time just whizzs by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious post! The vintage quip was perfect :-) And my baby never shares her cookies with me either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how Petite Garcon collapses when he hears Tom Ford's name and he begins to consume the cookie upon hearing about Carine. LOL! Your story is so much better than the three bears as told by Tom Ford:
    This bear was to blond, and this bear was too fat and this bear looked better with blond highlights now that she is getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again-I've left you an award my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charponnaise - Amanda is my inspiration although a louche italian version!

    Mr Style - he is very cute thanks

    Tessascoffs - I'm thinkg dark rinses are the way to go

    The Seeker - he didn't pay that much attention!

    Enc - I can't think why I haven't shared it before. Probably timing!!

    Sharon-Rose - my how times change hey!

    K-line - why are they so mean I can only afford one where is the love hey!

    La Belette Rouge - now you've raised an interesting french grammatical point as he is small should I really use the femine even with the masculine garcon. My written french is worse than my spoken! I've forgotten all the rules after all they use velo now instead of bicyclette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ironic thing is loads of women probably went out and brought lots of Gucci after seeing Victoria in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post and le petit garcon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I like TF less and less with every passing anecdote.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL That is the funniest story of the day (I do read a lot of blogs).

    Your little boy is adorable. I want that half eaten cookie can I?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Songy - the boy eat it all and did I get one bite nope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that story - I always have and I always will! I need to hang with some big shot designer and one day I to could edit a fashion magazine...oh wait, that's right print publishing is dead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh heh. You are not a fan on La Ford, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I love the story telling and especially enjoyed reading through other's comments!

    Thanks for making me smile today :)
    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! I love the story telling and especially enjoyed reading through other's comments!

    Thanks for making me smile today :)
    x Grayburn

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the funniest version ever of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Come on petit garcon - give your mama some of that cookie. She's earned it with her very funny storytelling skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, that story makes me laugh everytime I hear it. Also so refreshing to see a design honcho not fawning at the feet of Victoria Beckham. Nothing against her but I like to see a a bit of resistance now and again against the popular.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx