Sunday 5 October 2008

Old ones are the best...

No fashion stoppers at this show, no models falling over and nothing to really wonder about. Instead Jean Paul Gaultier produced a feast of simple, stylish and well cut luxurious clothes that really fit the ready to wear category. And how best to show them off...well send a couple of the old thoroughbred models down the runway et voilà every women over 35, with money to spend but a social conscience will be dashing off to Hermès for her classy spring summer wardrobe.


Blending the equestrian heritage of Hermès with a hint of seventies hot spot for the stars, Mexico meets Miami and a touch of colonial chic, Gaultier delivers luxury with fringe benefits. The fringed Birkin will surely be on the hot list for those who have money a plenty and how we will all salivate when they do.







Hermès has good business and social credentials from the top to the bottom. Nowhere is this more apparent than the runway. Where most designers fail to select a black model or use just one, Gaultier used five for his show and sent Ms.Campbell down three times in all her splendour.



But the best was saved to last - on stage the epitome of fun and wit Monsieur Gaultier




All images style.com

19 comments:

  1. Aah, fantastic collections and great inspiration too! Oh, a fringed Birkin, oh yes please indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon Rose - I know what's not to like, imaging birkin + fringe = yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This speaks to me. I HATE seeing 14year old stick figures wearing 1500 euro frocks and expecting me to want to emulate them.

    I also love your blog and I am looking forward to seeing how you cope with being studentified and still style oriented. And you have purty pictures to look at too.
    So visit mine and collect the
    "you are a beautiful blogger" award, and the I Heart one too if you like.
    xx

    (and ps. are those your uggs on that shoe rack sista?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hammie - yep spotted, my uggs. I throw them on for any eventuality. They are my third pair over seven years! My aussie friend's mum wouldn't let her have them as a child as she thought they were too common! And they only wear them as slippers in the house in Darwin.
    Thank you for your comments, I like your blog too found you via your comments on others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about the models was that they had flesh on their bones.

    I can't wait to see the fringed Birkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weren't the models adorable, okay they were slim but so gorgeous and female.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited about fringed birken too! I really like the red halter dress wit the hat. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so shocked to see cowboy hats at Hermes, just so random.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yiquin - yes the fringed birkin is genius!

    Coco - I think the collection is so random given evey one elses shows but in a completly hits the spot way

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indeed this is a great collection, I'm in love with the second look.

    And the fringed birkin....

    That quiz is really so funny :)

    Have a great working week

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate you're so right it was all about real women with money. From the ankles up it was one the best collections from Paris.

    Sorry I haven't been commenting (I have a feeling that I'm writing this a lot over the next couple of days) and thanks for your support. Now that the collections are down and dusted I will be back to my normal self.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gaultier is an absolute genius, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!! fantastic colection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, look, grown ups on the catwalk. Whatever next? Hee!
    I love that stripey colourful dress. Sooo divinely swishy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That multicolored dress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The oldies are definitely goodies - this collection is really nice, and I liked Vivienne Westwood's show too - really clean, masterful draping, no need for anything of shock value.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm kind of in love with the second look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this show! I could be a cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx