Thursday 14 January 2010

In the Pink again

Once in a while in the life of a stylist everything goes wrong. Well actually you can substitute stylist probably for lots of other jobs but I'm all about the drama today. The weather has hindered my normal operations, appointments, meetings, castings and samples.

Also I've noticed a few brave souls have jumped ship from their jobs in a fervour of new beginnings, meaning I have to build new relationships (sigh). However, in the midst of my woeful snow bound fat hips*, (toast and tea does not make for svelte stylist) hidden in thermals and pyjama bottoms world, there has been a chink of light enough to lift my lips from mug hugging to a heartfelt smile.

The wonderful my-wardrobe peeps have accommodated my late in the day request for samples for this Friday. They are such a nice bunch and it makes me happy that when all around is cold and slushy, warmth emanates via email.

And speaking of warmth how about these candy pink trio to add a sorbet splash to your wardrobe when the sun shines once again.





Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Pink Tapered easy fit trousers £234

* not wishing to detract from today's post but I made my 10:30 Mayfair meeting with a lighter load as it appears my fat hips are abating! Put on the dress that started whole hips crisis and it is noticeably slacker over hip area.

17 comments:

  1. I JUST saw the Westwood on another blog and was loving it there. But it would really suit me in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with WendyB here If you suit pink its gorgeous but if it drains you and makes you look like your mother... never a good look! Then I want one in red ! Love the cut though.
    I bet that cut would look great with those pants,which I could not wear. Love them on the models and young girls, who I suppose they are designed for. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the Sonia by Sonia Rykiel trouseers are too cute. I want them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think I could pull off those shades of pink either, I do really like the Anglomania blouse though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sonia trousers are lush!! want want want! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the ruffled top, would hide the multitude of sins that is my midriff! Still not sure about wearing pink though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs Fab - you know I swore off pink years ago but I'm slowly but surely getting back in the pink stride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second Wendy - I'd give my right eye for that Westwood top in red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Westwood! Fab pinks, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-my fave is definitely the VW top, soo gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink ruffles always work well for hiding the consequences of toast and tea... and also, I can relate to some of the work-related drama you're describing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink I can totally do, beige however is about as much of a friend as toast and tea (and xmas cake)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - Make Do has gone all Think Pink! Nice picks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you on the hips, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your hips!
    Really Lovely pieces. I love pink but I find I have to wear quite a bit of make up not to look washed out. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the early 90s I stacked away a pair of pale pink trousers that remind me very much of the Sonia Rykiel's you are showing - They are coming out this spring! How thrifty is that? Sabine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx