Saturday 30 January 2010

High Street Pick of the Week

To belt or not to belt that is the question. Whether it is necessary to supplement your outfit with a belt or not is a personal choice. Some people wear them well and sometimes they lift a look.

If your spring summer wardrobe needs a new belt or you want to add a belt to your wardrobe then this one from Karen Millen* is the perfect width for your waist and is a fabulous colour. If your going to be heavily into the nudes this summer it will work with taupe and beige but not blush pink.

It's yellowy green blend (sorry can't give a pantone number) either combines or perfectly clashes (contrasts) with black, white, grey, yellow, orange, red, pink, purple, blue and green. You can't ask much more from a belt. The matt finish and colour moves the accessory away from last years neon bights.

Colourful Waist Belt Karen Millen £49


* Psst Karen Millen is moving away slowly but surely from its Sharon Millen tendencies. Please lets hope this means the buttons will stop being branded!

14 comments:

  1. Not sure how to take your comment regarding "Sharon Millen" from someone who has that name! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yeah, wots the matter wiv us Shals, then!!! Love the belt though, it will really go with a lot of different pieces this season!! PS-I agree with the button branding comment though, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry people but 'sharon' did make me laugh, and if my queenie little eagle eyes don't deceive me, they couldn't resist a little engraving on the buckle...

    Queen Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent pick. It would flatter so many bodies and outfits...

    BTW, I realize that I have a pattern and fabric problem :-) However, I am intending to make at least 1 - and maybe 2 garments this weekend. So I'm going to call it ok. For the moment. Voguepatterns.com has this 3.99 sale on every freakin' pattern - new and old - till tomorrow (I think). I couldn't stop myself. Those patterns retail for 25.00! And I also got Fit for Real people (I realize I'm talking about purchases but they aren't outside my ban guidelines) - an amazing, but hideous, book about pattern alteration and design. Kate, I love my new "hobby". I can't wait for you to get your machine so we can talk about our latest homemade pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs Fab & Sharon Rose - so sorry it isn't the name but the old Essex connotations - opps again sounds so wrong xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice belt, what else should we be purchasing now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! How would we wear it, though? I am truly ignorant when it comes to fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love belts.. but I never remember to wear a belt with jeans!

    http://SheWoreItWell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Escape Laggin Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Find HD Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications and Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour of the belt! I always tend to overlook Karen Millen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like the branding they do personally....

    ReplyDelete
  12. you can get some fantastic fashion discounts at okcompare.co.uk. I found a great discount for ASOS.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx