Tuesday 26 January 2010

High drama

Gosh I suffered a blogger malfunction last night. It was dreadful, I couldn't post, couldn't comment or anything. I had a 'bad error'. Not being able to blog is a bad error. Choosing not to post or being busy is okay. Being cut off by blogger is hideous. It was weird to be able to look but not get involved. Worst point, painstakingly replying to 12 comments and losing it all! So thank you to all who left comments to the thought of the week post and I did respond individually but a bad error happened. I gave up resigned myself to telly and watched the Good Wife instead. Although I soon realised that I would be enjoying the show for its storyline and writing not its costuming (plus a bit of Chris Noth).

I've suddenly rediscovered telly and thankfully this week so far has yielded 24 (Sky), The Good Wife and I'm contemplating the new series of Desperate Housewives (both Channel 4), which I haven't watched for a very long time so I can be persuaded out of this one. I've tried to get into Material Girl (BBC)but find the clichéd characterisation and predictable storyline looking very D list next to the gloss of American dramas.

Which neatly brings me to this bargain at Net-A-Porter of an Oscar de la Renta dress at £568.40 from £2,030. I can hardly contemplate the less pricey amount but if you are a size 8 (US4) then Oscar is pure gloss for the wardrobe.

After the Chanel adverts, it was de la Renta's Spanish vibe dress from his S/S10 collection that took my fancy.
image: style.com

Will my love for black or white ever end? Do you have a favourite colour for clothes? Are you all gloss or pedestrian!

18 comments:

  1. Have to say its the black one that catches my eye ODlaR is in my colours, as in would suit me better. I hardly ever wear black now during the day but still find it hard to beat in the evening, alternatively I will wear red or cream.
    I love a bit of drama you see x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god Material Girl is so so so bad. I actually feel sad for whoever thought that was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you got cut off by Blogger!

    Love these dresses!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! I wanted to watch The Good Wife, but forgot about it, what channel is it on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor you, losing all those comments. Delightful dress, what an absolute bargain. Glad to have you back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-both dresses are adorable, I'd love either one, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! I know just how you feel - I was trapped in Paris over the weekend - three whole days without my camera. Was twitching just to touch the damned thing. Curiously addictive this blogging lark, eh? Oh, and thanks for the reminder about Desperate Housewives - one of the very few things worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Something else to remember, along with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red, red, red for clothes, please! With a dash of hot pink on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh, the Chanel dress is soooooo beautiful!

    P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the Gypsy Warrior Brand's giveaway!♥

    Good luck!


    X♥X♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lately I've fallen into chartreuse. It was a color I never thought would work with my skintone, but by a miracle seems to go smashingly. To top it off, I wear a bright red lipstick. It's killer.

    The de la Renta is a find, though still out of my range. So is the Roland Mouret that I covet. I would belt that sheath dress any day and every way if it were just mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just experienced Bad Error myself on Blogger and its lost a few posts! How very annoying - as for Material girl I know the people who produced it...it doesn't improve in subsequent episodes

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must have been in the air... the internet was so slow and I had this sudden thought: 'What if it breaks down? What if I can't blog anymore?' Nightmarish! So, good you're back and tempting us with absolute bargains, but sadly at £500 still a bit above my budget. Pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What error ISN'T a bad error? I haven't made a good one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    The Good Wife starts in Australia in a few weeks on free to air ( as opposed to cable tv which we call foxtel) and I for one am looking forward to it. I hate it when computer errors occur. Love that Oscar frock and the Chanel too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it so much! Sad that you couldn't blog last night):
    My favorite look from his collection is my latest obsession. It is one of the very last ones and is a long ruffles red dress!

    check out my blog!
    www.thestylerider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that black dress is gorgeous. Sign me up for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that de la Renta is calling my name. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx