Tuesday 21 July 2009

Filming Day 2

I am completely exhausted and also going through the 'should have, could have, oh maybe if...' post filming thoughts. This is not helped given I am with the flu of swine. If the film turns out like a William Burroughs sick dream then this will in part be due to a large ingestion of drugs, fluids and sheer determination.

My flu could be non specific but then that would mean I got it from Sharon Rose at out bloggy lunch! Luckily my GP is of the common sense sort and realising that bed rest was not an option, gave me all the tops tips, requisite drugs and reassured me that unless I was working with someone pregnant or with chronic bronchitis then I was not being reckless as we are in a pandemic and all hope is abandoned of containment.

I still feel as if I'm having a surreal out of body experience due to the flu but my temperature is down, the expulsions (don't ask) are abating but my body is still aching acutely and the cough is manageable. Thankfully, Mr MDS took petit garcon into nursery today so bed rest is on the cards. The worst bit is the headache which isn't a headache because it is a viral thing. However fever does produce amazing dreams.

If I hadn't been so poorly then today I would have re shot a few things but you can only push your body so far.

I took a few photos on my blackberry during filming yesterday - I'm not giving anything away though! I hope to have a screening at the London College of Fashion in November and will of course invite the blogosphere crew! Now excuse me while I go and die....




13 comments:

  1. Ahhh...The Mother in-law to the Despot has also fallen under the spell of the swine. Hope you're on the road to recovery.

    Yes, The Last Emperor was a beautiful film that I think you'll enjoy. I think a lot of the subtleness will be lost on the chitlens (looking for a smash and grab bio) but for Dorothy's old friends it's a charming story of true love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you!!! Get well soon! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished film - well done you for realising your dream, such a shame you got ill and couldn't enjoy the filming to the fullest. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, can't believe you have been struck down! Hope you get better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon, Kate! This is wretched...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better so soon...I am sending my best vibrations for you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God! You are the first person I know to actually get the pig disease. When you're not contagious, I must get your autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The film must go on!!!!!I so hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there-oh dear, I'm soo sorry if it was me who passed this on :-( I really hope you make a swift recovery my dear and make sure you really rest up, just when you think you're better, it comes back with a vengeance. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh K, I'm sorry you're hit with this one! Please take care and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack, I can totally relate, having recovered from two bouts of flu recently (fingers' crossed one of them was swiney so we don't have to go through it again).

    Hope you're resting up. Feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, so sorry you've got the flu! Amazing that you filmed with it, what a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get well soon Kate!! Be strong!!

    P.S I'd love to see your masterpiece in NOV!!!!


    Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx