Wednesday 22 July 2009

Spend wisely

Did you know that Dame Vivienne Westwood was a spokesperson for my Slow Fashion campaign? Well her recent appearance on Jonathan Ross was straight from the pages of Make Do Style until she went into her global warming point - which was well made and heart felt. And she is of course the 'wear your tablecloth' campaigner for Sister Wolf.

The reason I keep banging on about our Dame of late is due to her wonderful Anglomania range. I like the fact the diffusion range she has created loses none of her creativity. I always expect and accept a difference in the construction of the garment but with Anglomania it has a point of its own and is creeping up in my affections and overtaking my Marc by Marc Jacobs fixation.

In short Dame Viv made the point that rather than spend money on updating your wardrobe with the latest fashion, buy one good quality piece if you have to but basically be creative with what you have. If I'm going to follow her advice and mine to the letter then this coat is the one item I should buy.



Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Grey Propaganda coat £527 from the My-Wardrobe.com new A/W 09 range

The coat has it all, name, colour, detail and cut. This is a coat I can wear. Normally a coat wears me (apart from my leopard print one, but that has to go onto the back burner this season as I've worn it to death, although I'm opening to loaning it out!) It does everything I need it to, just sit on my body and perform. I have to say the way it is styled on my-wardrobe is quite bland but it does show that it can be dressed down and still look good. My savings are on target for an end of August shop to spruce up my wardrobe for the A/W and somehow I'm going to have to compromise on what I need to get this!

15 comments:

  1. I love Dame Viv and Anglomania - I always try it on, but am yet to have the scratch to buy anything! How was the rest of the filming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful coat, and looks nice and warm too...I bet it will last really well too. Hope you can go for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Dame Viv on Jonathon Ross and she was fabulous - totally fighting your slow fash pack movement! That coat is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s pretty classic and, at the same time, has some drama too! Lovely, but not so cheap for me :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this coat. I really love almost everything in her Anglomania collection, but there is just something about this that really catches my eye. It looks so tailored and elegant, but then you get to the asymmetric hemline at the bottom. It throws it off but in an edgy, playful way, which is what I love the most.

    Great post, and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-This is a must have for you, just think of the cost per wear over 10 years my dear! Hope you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS-Theres an award and tag over at my blog for you my dear!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just adore Anglomania, and would give my right arm for that coat. Of course, then it would look a little wacky on me ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I went to the Westwood store with MrB when I was in London and nothing worked for me...I don't look too good in that drapey stuff...but it was because of that that we discovered Castelbajac down the street and now I'm in love with him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dame Viv is a national treasure, isn't she? I only watched Jonathan Ross that night for her (promptly switched it off as soon as she went swishing out the door). And how fab was her, er, length of fabric, which she was so obviously taken by? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still curse my stupidity at once leaving a red Viv coat behind in a charity shop. She cuts like no other. It doesn't ALWAYS work for me, but she seems to be back on form lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That coat would be fantastic on you. You know what would be great on me? Your leopard one. So you get the Viv coat and then pass on your hand-me-downs to your dear friend. Huh? Brilliant plan, I think.
    p.s. Thank you for your gorgeous comment on my blog. Your being so touched had the same effect on me. I cry, you cry and then I cry. The circle of tears.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, a great choice and worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx