Monday 21 September 2009

Two euros is all you need

I made two purchases in Paris totalling 2 euros. One on a copy of Grazia and the other on 3 Eiffel Towers - a bargain at 3 for one euro. The Eiffel Towers were to decorate my item that blew my budget a gorgeous bag which is a collaboration between Ally Capellino and Toast the Nairobi shopper
I love the simplicity of the design and the fact it is a fair trade item. I think it makes a change from the lure of the designer worship. I also love my little towers n'est pas.


My other big spend was on a copy of French Grazia, I was slightly amused by their love of Lily Allen, seriously the feature on her was a different angle to our media. In fact the many choices of photos of different celebrities only proves that we are only informed by the images and stories chosen.


The preview of LFW was of interest too. The pictorial choice - will we always be defined by the Union Jack? The rest of the article choose Henry Holland ( Le plus decomplexe - the most uninhibited), Marios Schwab ( Le plus glam - obvious), Christopher Kane ( Le plus actuel - the most current) and Luella (Le plus aristo - obv again) as the best of LFW designers to look out for. Interesting!
However my treat of the week was a super size Sunday Times Style magazine. Not only was Shane Watson occupying her usual position but it included Julie Burchill too. Now next week it will return to its usual insipid ordinariness but I have to say when will publishers get that the texture and size of their offerings are worth it. I love a decent magazine and this edition and the Harper's Bazaar edition in March was wonderful. I always wish someone would be brave enough to do the same all the time.


I will be fighting for a Jade nail varnish, I'm a serial collector of Chanel nail varnish so watch out!

20 comments:

  1. I think there's a law that you can't go to Paris without buying a small Eiffel Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 euros!! that s what i callgood shoppin! whahahaha mm..i really need to get my ghands on a french Grazia..very curieus!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there-adore the new bag and those Eiffels are perfect! I bought an Eiffel keyring when I went and took off the Tower part to make a pendant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two euros... not bad at all! :D

    I think it's so interesting sometimes to visit another country and see how celebs are portrayed in their media, as opposed to our predictable US magazines. And on another note, good for Lily Allen she's back to her natural hue - I hated her as a blonde as well as in pink hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys! Real bargains, and I love the bag x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - There's an award over at ESD for you xxx lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Value for money. I love buying magazines when I am away even if I can't read them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's sweet how the French love Lily... I think it comes from their love for Chanel and since Chanel, Lily and Karl are now "best mates", French decided to agree. :)
    As for the nail varnish... UK Vogue mentioned it last month (September issue as far as I remember) and I also saw it somewhere else, but not in shops yet. I love the colour, but wouldn't wear it... Am more Rouge Noir kind of girl. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is goooorgeous! And looks like it's big enough for your youngin' to stash himself inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there-have a look at this, I hope you're one of the 100!!

    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/fashion/article-23746553-details/The+fashion+can+t-have+must-haves/article.do

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, I should have realised you would have ways and means!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cute little Eiffels!!
    That bag is just so nice!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That nail polish is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jade lacqueur! Reminds me (in a good way!) of abstinthe . . . or the creme de menthe parfaits of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snap! I got the same Eiffel Tower keyrings at 3 for a Euro. Now I'm wishing I had bought French Grazia as well. Hope you had fun! XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, that mag looks lush ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it is interesting how celebs are portrayed differently in different parts of the world.
    That chanel nail polish has a long waiting list so wish you good luck as you try to get a bottle!
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  18. If WendyB is right, and there is a law requiring tourists to buy small Eiffel towers, then I am in violation. I didn't get one when I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sunday Times Style, the only way to spend a lazy Sunday, cool blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx