Friday 11 September 2009

Fashion night in London

Mini burgers, champagne, canapés and vodka cocktails, vitamin water, popcorn, manicures, make up and hair styling...oh and chocolates and a gorgeous singer and band in Oasis at Argyll Street, some of the offerings in the places I did manage to get to. And of course the fashion ...

I might have visited a few more establishments to soak up the vibe if I hadn't met up with Disneyrollergirl and Wee Birdy. The night was very SATC. We sat and gossiped in Banana Republic, where I'd managed to get my nails done before greeting Disneyrollergirl with champagne. One of the manicurists had mixed up a polish especially for an Erdem show (not sure if last or forthcoming show at LFW) and it is a bright blue which I couldn't resist.

I also went to the Gap pop up shop in Kingsley Court off Carnaby St before Banana Republic and had a view of the Garance Dore photos which were charming, adorable and perfect street style images and her illustrations. I didn't get a limited edition t-shirt of hers at Gap nor the Vogue one at Oasis - which was a bit silly of me as it was such a lovely night and they would have great momentum's of the evening.

Wee Birdy, Disneyrollergirl and I all agreed that it raised the bar on the shopping experience and made us sigh for good customer service in retailing all the time.

We has a lucky last minute invite to the special screening at Oasis of The September Issue. I didn't manage to see it all properly as I had my usual - the person with the largest head (and hair) in front of me - however it is utterly captivating, my favourite bit was Anna's daughter. The film is insightful, witty, full of tension and you won't be able to get enough of it.

I loved Oasis's makeshift cinema, it was proper old school. And I loved the evening... the company was divine and there's something magical about a space where women are at the fore (All very Bourdieu and habitus).

14 comments:

  1. Ahh--wish I could have gone to the Garance show . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy dinner!
    And that manicure is fabulous, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely outing. I so want to see the September issue. Is it cruel and unusual to make He-weasel see it with me? Should I dare to copy cat you and do a blue mani? Hmm...you got me thinking.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore your nail color. it's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blue mixed up for erdem! what a yummy shade.Glad you had a fab fashion's night out!
    Happy wknd
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fabby. The person with the big head and hair was Jodie Harsh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Whenever I read happy posts like these, I always lament living in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there-what an amazing experience, sounds like such a fabulous night for you girlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome perfect nails! The shape and length are what I've always wished for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lookin forward to the September Issue - I love a good bitch fest I do!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue nails, Banana had no manicures on 34th Street, we just saw champagne. And it is such a joy to experience good customer service again, perhaps they will all learn from this experience?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab post, I had a LOVELY night, thanks to you and DRG. Loved your super styling advice, you are amazing. And your nails were pretty nifty, too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx