Saturday 19 September 2009

What I didn't buy ...

Before I did my shop I had three favourites on my wish list. The Gap designer boots got binned as a want due to my high arched feet, I couldn't get them in. The actual boots still haven't come into stores yet!

The Vivienne Westwood Anglomania coat is absolutely gorgeous, however one size was too big and the other too small due to my swimmers shoulders. To fit my well defined Balmain numbers into anything is problem but truly I nearly wept over the coat. And now it has sold out on my-wardorbe! Also the Sonia by Sonia Rykiel fav sold out in my size!


Finally the Brandy dress at £165 in Reiss came in to late for me to buy as I'd blown the budget. Sometimes shops don't stock quick enough! It is a great dress and I'd have worn it well but ce la vie!

9 comments:

  1. Thats such a shame about the VW coat, but you really scored well with your new buys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put the dress on your credit card, you might live to regret not buying it. I struck lucky with the Jigsaw one you first blogged about, but this Reiss one may not be around come Jan Sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks and I agree with the poster above me: charge the dress and then eat noodles! It's worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try not to torment you with pictures of my Sonia Rykiel top. Think of all the money you've saved that you can now spend on Francis clothes :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have wept over that coat too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't meant for you, because you're going to find some gorgeous things to replace those. ;)

    Hope you're having a nice weekend

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh drat! I desperately wanted a Westwood coat a decade back, when I was in entry-level publishing in NYC. But even with a deep sale at Barneys, it was prohibitive. I've been thinking about it for, well, at least a decade!

    And I'll bet that Mary Travers is actually on your radar if I mention her musical group: Peter, Paul, and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can be sad to find that things don't fit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx