Sunday 6 September 2009

Channelling Sharon Rose

I've been in to charity shops probably 5 times in the last year. The first time was due to Sharon Rose-Style inspiring me into action and I scored big time with a Jean Patou coat. Then I decided to take the petit garcon for a rummage and he found a little Spiderman mobile phone. I popped in my charity shop of youth on a recent trip to my parents and I'm sure I've peeked and forgotten an occasion.

On Friday I needed some more dye and on my way to get some fish I popped into a local hospice charity shop. Channelling Sharon Rose, I was actually thinking pink, I found a lovely Gaultier Jeans maxi dress on the fourth rail. I tried it on and thought it would be great for next summer or beach holidays.








I knew it has never been worn and thought it must have been a manufacturing or sale shop supplier donation. All the while I cycled home I kept thinking I've seen this before. And sure enough I'd only gone and thrifted the exact same item as Queen of thrit Sharon Rose. Is there such a thing as blogging osmosis?

Well you can tell I'm only a lady in waiting as my dress cost £7.50 compared to the queen's £1 purchase!

13 comments:

  1. LOL-SEE!!!I hope you are going to thrift more often now!!! Thats amazing how you found the exact same one, funnily enough, when mum in law found mine, it also had a french sticker price tag on it in french francs-we are JPG twins now!! Its a great style, because of the stretch it can be worn maxi or shorter and I found it very comfy too! From your email, I knew it had to be a thrift find, you've got the eye, so I expect more visits now, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best find I got was a Biba shirt. There must be a better class of charity stores in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! great purchase and such a funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that so funny, lucy purchase

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that's hilarious! What a weird feeling. I've often seen styles on blogs that I've seen in the store, and thought about mimicking. This is a great dress! 7.50 isn't bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 7.50, that's a great find! I was sifting through vintage stores myself yesterday but didn't get as lucky as you did. Congrats on a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there-Click Customise, then select 'Add a gadget', then select 'Labels', this brings up 'Configure Labels' you can make up your own title. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, dear what a great find indeed!!!!!
    You're being a secnd Sharon... :)

    Sorry for my absence, but I've been with some issues....

    Hope all is fine with you, have a nice working week.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh it is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too clever, great tale and fabulous find. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's crazy! LOL. You ladies will have to meet up and take a TWINS photo for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx