Tuesday 8 September 2009

Tie dye result

My white tee shirt with a couple of tiny stains and a bit worn at the front is now revived for more wear. It is a bright tulip red, my current favourite from Dylon but limitations of the blackberry as substitute camera don't show this fully etc. I'd like to thank my local postie for giving me his red elastic bands when I asked as I'd run out of them. I went for a traditional circles tie dye which creates a different look for the back.

front of tee


back pattern on tee

16 comments:

  1. The t-shirt looks great. I love tie-dye you have inspire dme to have another go. My son always asks for red bands from the postman and he usually makes a ball out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely result in my opinion, since i'm obsessed with colour at the moment i think i will give dying all my whites a go! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out really well! I like the pattern. Also, I wish I had a nice postman like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so nice. I love how the pattern is different at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome, Kate you are too smart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there-I'm up for a meet sometime, maybe in October half term if that suits??

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precise? All my tie-dye attempts were about 50x messier than this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats great, at least we won't have the 'what are you wearing' discussion again, LOL!! Hope people don't give us too many weird stares in our twin outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon Rose - it will be so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great work, dear.
    Very cool!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. When do you open your Etsy shop? Very cute!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one! I love tie-dye. The back is brillo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx