Tuesday 29 September 2009

Day 2 of Capsule Wardrobe

This is what a capsule wardrobe looks like hanging in the closet/wardrobe - agh!

l to r cashmere tee, black skirt, breton top, sequin leggings, white shirt, tuxedo jacket, black bustier dress and shrug

These are my pair of shoes and my boots - could you imaging just having only two pairs of shoes in your wardrobe?

However, it does make life easy in terms of selection. I've repeated my look from yesterday substituting the breton top for the cashmere t-shirt. The weather is still nice and if I have to go into central London this evening for drinks with the new MA students I will take off the skirt and put on my bustier dress and swap loafers for boots.

13 comments:

  1. cool wardrobe! i like the striped top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you made your selections wisely and picked out a pretty versatile wardrobe... but I still think it would be a hassle to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving your capsule wardrobe posts. You'll be one smart MA student tonight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the striped top - I wish I'd chosen mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, will you pack that dress and boots into your bag, and take them with you to campus?

    This is great: look how small a space your capsule wardrobe occupies! You'd better not let Mr.MD see this, he might argue that if you can make it on so few pieces, you don't need anything new, or require the closet space your clothes used to occupy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think the shoes are Pradas. Are they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there-great choice to take you from day to evening, I now want a long sleeved striped top!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a good breton shirt. I have ine from the 1980s(!) by Benetton that's a reverse: thick navy with thin white stripes. It's almost 25 years old and I still wear it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small but good. I think I'd be worried to cut down on my wardrobe so much, although it probably makes life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want both of your shoes but then you would have none. I love those loafers and boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone loves the stripey top!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx