Tuesday 22 September 2009

The boy done good


Due to my looming MA deadline I'm enjoying an enforced absence from London Fashion Week. Whilst all around me are dashing towards the Embankment and Somerset House, I'm enjoying a quiet nip in or two to the London College of Fashion library.

There is one show I should have fought for, that of my favourite fellow countryman Julian Macdonald. Ah the boy done good...he restrained his flamboyance, which I love, to the aim of his cut and created a collection of scuba inspired modern pieces for a perfect marriage of sportswear and glamour.


images: style.com

14 comments:

  1. This first dress is totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOth dresses are gorge, loving his new collection
    xx
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suddenly his designs became quite nice, how did this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wear the first one in a heartbeat, but not sure about the second one. I'd say though that it's way more interesting to look at than a lot of "safe" garb we've seen on the runway lately...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stuff -- I like how sleek it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No kidding. I'm not familiar with Macdonald, but may have to do some digging, now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great. the draped look is wunderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent assessment, darling ~ I loved this collection too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Julian Macdonald and he hasn't let us down!
    Amazing dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first dress has almost scary "sleeves"--I initially thought that the model's upper arms were that small!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. His is a brilliant and creative designer to create something beautiful as this scuba inspired dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx