Monday 1 November 2010

Maxi, Midi, Mini - beading bonanza

Poor me I was working yesterday, nothing can be turned down currently! Make hay while the sun shines and all that. Of course in retailing terms the party season has begun, the big drops have been made, and it is all beading, sequins, feathers and velvet.

With the current vogue for period in particular Downton Abbey it seemed appropriate to opt for the Edwardian fervour for beading.

Demure and glamour in one dress, what more can you ask for.




Antik Batik Beaded Voile wrap dress £390 Net-A-Porter

This one says girls night out and party till you drop or your feet hurt a lot in your high heels, whichever comes first.


Starion beaded neckline dress £149 Ted Baker

Pull on this wonderful top with a maxi or leather skirt for maximum effect.





12 comments:

  1. Antik Batik always has good designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Antik Batik one!
    Just caught up with yesterday's post, I've got a couple of those Union Jack doormats, they look fabulous but prospective buyers be warned, older people get very offended about being made to wipe their feet on the national flag. I know my Dad gets very narked about it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't wear the wrap dress to a night out (too 'worky' for me), but the cream top is lovely - you are right, it would look fab with a leather skirt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my dear-just love the Antik Batik dress and the Miss Selfridge top is just gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the AB dress, would love to see it in the flesh to see how it falls, I find beading quite a hard thing to get right when it comes to the drape of the fabric. The Miss S top is cute too, Im just a sucker for anything beady, sequiny or shiney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all really beautiful - such great picks. I think I slightly prefer the Miss Selfridge option though. Love those cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each time you do these posts( which I love by the way) I always hope that the one I LOVE the most will not be the most expensive one. Yet each time my eye goes to the top pick. I wish my eyes didn't have such expensive taste.;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Antik Batik number, shame it's that expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so impressed with Miss Selfridge this season - their beaded stuff is lovely.

    Thanks for your comment on Mrs Bossa Does the Do, by the way - if I was to be tempted back to au pairdom I'd certainly have to raise my fee!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kate, as usual my favourite is the most expensive one but I love the cuffs on the Miss Selfridge one also xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the antik batik one is priceless! unfortunately it is maxi-priced

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with La Belette Rouge, I always hope I'll like the cheapest best but it's always the most expensive. Happens in magazine too, my eye always goes to the most expensive thing on the page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx