Tuesday 9 November 2010

Take the medicine

Once I decided to cut the waste and rein in the slack on the budget, (whilst still maintaining my style stakes) I knew I needed to rein in the expanding waist. Clothes always work harder when you lose a few pounds and tone up.

Enlisting help was the only answer. I turned to dancer/fitness trainer who also has worked as an assistant stylist for me because she is super talented and lovely.

OMG! I lost the use of my legs on the first session and my tummy muscles killed on the second and I'm still going back for more. Tara (Tara Gadre) is a hard task master. Role reversal is happening. I daren't not do as she says. At one point on my second session I thought I was going to be sick so hard is the work out. 'That's okay', quiped Tara, 'if you are sick you can replenish'.




The petit garcon makes it look easy and fun...believe me it isn't. I'm starting to feel the results and it is very motivating. If you see someone on Primrose Hill wailing as I do lunges and planks et al you'll know its me.

Tara Gadre, 07813 173960 is available for stella personal training sessions and she didn't pay me to mention this but maybe if she sees this, she'll let me off that one last move I didn't get right that I have to do again!

15 comments:

  1. Eek! Sounds totally horrific, I am almost throwing up just at the thought of it. Bet the results will be incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE a personal trainer. I have little to no motivation. Used to run everyday but it really didn't make a difference - I need to build up muscle etc. Maybe I should hire petit garcon??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll all be worth it!!! I would love to have a personal trainer. I'm hoping all that skiing will make me super fit! e xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a personal trainer I just cant motivate myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say 'no pain, no gain' so keep up the good work. I definitely need a personal trainer to keep me motivated and away from distractions. The last time I went to the gym I was chatting away while on the treadmill and managed to fall over on it in front of a full gym, and the grazed knees (painful) were not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been working out twice a week with a trainer since July and I love it....I haven't lost any weight, but I feel so much better.
    Who needs prozac when you have a trainer that will force you to do things that you didn't know that you could do...and sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nest week.. I am starting next week ..Oh but then I am in London Monday..yes looking forward to meeting up xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there-keep up the good work, it sounds hideously hard but I'm sure the results will be wonderful indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does she have a doppleganger in L.A.? I could use one. Good for you for doing this for you.xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to keep fit while dancing. You dont notice the workout so much when you are concentrating on the steps. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! Sounds like really hard work, but will definitely be worth it... I started running earlier this year and now go out 3 times a week (not as hard as what what you've been doing). Am really starting to reap the benefits now. So much more energy, although did strangely put weight on at first! Keep it up and please keep us posted with how you get on
    Kathryn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kate! Your doing fantastic, but not letting you off those trx T's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Kate, do you think she'd get me out of bed first? That's my main problem! Well done you for doing this. I am seriously impressed and inspired! I called my aqua gym partner last week and mentioned going again... that's as far as I've got so far... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in some desperate need of this - I thought I'd work out post-baby but ha, ha! Good for you for taking the step of getting a fabulous trainer.
    And wow, petit garcon is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, much appreciated. Sorry about no longer offering anonymous comments but spamming had become a very annoying issue. xxx