When did scruffs become the default manner for dress? Am I the only person who dresses up to go to the supermarket? When does dress down go to far?
I'm using an old picture of Coleen Rooney but this is her legacy to the nation or so it seems when I set foot in supermarkets. They seem awash with tracksuit things and crocs.
Like her or not Sarah Jessica Parker knows how to do dress down even though I can guess she's not going to the supermarket. When she does uggs or flat the rest is pretty much the same on top, showing effort is made.
You know when your scruffs have taken over you life when
1. The only items you put on your feet are pull ons with fur lining or slip ons and we are not talking ballet pumps here!
2. You think zips are only for hoodies
3. You think scrunchies get a bad press
4. Those pyjama type bottoms are so comfy
5. You think buttons are hard to do up
I'm sure none of you MDS readers are culprits of the Vicky Pollard/Coleen Rooney/Jordan variety of trackie loving wearing but just in case... next time make sure you are wearing proper clothes when you go to the supermarket:-
1. Proper trousers/jeans - check
2. A nice top - check
3. A bit of detail, necklace, sunnies or scarf - check
4. A jacket or coat - check
5 Shoes that require zipping or lacing up or put on with a shoe horn - check
6. A shopping tote - check